ForumsThe TavernDumbest Self-Injury

37 5945
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Well, one day my friend and I were pouring diet coke on each other because we were bored. My can became empty eventually, so I began to run. Eventually I was out front and two meters away from a tree. I turned around to see how far he was and, as it turns out, he was close. I proceeded to run at full force in the other direction, into the tree. I slammed my knee and bashed my face off the tree. I fell down immediately and my friend poured what was left of his coke on me. I'm fine now, save for a nice scar on the left side of my face.

So my question: What is the dumbest/most humiliating way you've managed to harm yourself?

• 37 Replies
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

the trip, stumble, or fall.
THE all-time dumbest self injury possible to inflicted upon.
do i need more explaining? not really.
YouTube covers most of my theories.

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

one time i was tryin to kick a ball then i kicked my own foot and fell on my butt i felt really REALLY frickin stupid :P

Wifle24
Wifle24
35 posts
Nomad

I was swimming in a race and i went to touch the wall but i hit the wall of the pool on my nose and it started bleeding everywhere

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I was working on a school project, and I accidentally stabbed myself with the scissors >.

SamuelFire
SamuelFire
25 posts
Nomad

I think I was around 11 yearrs old. I was sweeping the kitchen and my mind began to wander. Soon enough I was using the broom as a fighting staff against imaginary opponents. As I twirled my "staff" over my head I heard something shatter and glass rained down me.

Good news: My excellent fighting skills helped me defeat the overhead kitchen light.
Bad news: I was wounded in the battle with cuts up and down both arms and a small cut on my head. And I had to sweep up the glass.

SamuelFire
SamuelFire
25 posts
Nomad

I also want to post my brother's (mine reminded me of it). We were probably 12 and 13 at the time, maybe 13 and 14. Andrew's older than me.

Andrew, our mom, and I were watching TV. He excused himself to the bathroom, which is just around the corner from the living room. After a minute Mom and I hear this from the bathroom: "HYAAAH!" followed by a loud thud then "OWWW!".

Mom and I looked at each other in bewilderment and she got up to check on him. She came back laughing with Andrew limping behind her blushing something fierce. Apparantly Andrew was practicing snap kicks in the bathroom and banged his knee on the sink counter.

Why he was practicing there I'll never know. That bathroom is about five square feet and that is mostly taken up by the toilet and sink. Jackie Chan he's not.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

sliced my finger DEEP with a large pocket knife while i was cutting a pen for a project. i never told my parents and blamed it on the needles on my saxophone(the needles act as springs and are sharp and thick)

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I was jumping around the living room one time (a 10 year old + parents and older sisters not being home = 10 year old acting stupid) and tried to jump from the couch to the ottoman in the middle of the room. I made the jump, but when I landed, the ottoman flipped over, and WHAM! I went right into the rack holding all the DVDs and stuff, and had that collapse on my head. Needless to say, but I never jumped around the living room again after that painful experience. (This doesn't include my getting in trouble for breaking the DVD rack)

sliced my finger DEEP with a large pocket knife while i was cutting a pen for a project

Why were you cutting a pen?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I put a pipe valve on my wedding finer, told my dad i was proposed to.
Think clamed right down to the bone, had to go to hospital to get it cut off (The valve, not the finger).

This would be acceptable if i was a child, but i was like seventeen.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

All of my self-injuries have been the dumbest. I've lost count of all the scars.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

I slipped off the curb and slit my chin open on the asphalt. My dad made me go to the hospital and I got 9 stitches.

misterevil
misterevil
19 posts
Nomad

one time my brother was dared to staple his own hand.... he did it.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

When I first started playing soccer I tried kicking the ball really hard but I ended up breaking my toe because I hit the ground instead of the ball.

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

i climbed a fence and the skin of my finger got caught and i didnt relieze so when i jumped down i ripped a huge gash open required 18 sticthes.

i stood behind my sister when she was swinging a golf club got a gash in my forehead so now everyone calles me harry potter.

i tried to jump the gap btween the sidewalk and the end of the drive on a scooter which is about 6ft. i failed miserabely land 6 inches short hit the gap in the curb and then went superman style into the street and almost broke a finger

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

How convenient for this thread to have appeared...

Two weeks ago I was helping move some exercise equipment... across a stone floor... in my socks. Now I don't know how it happened, but somehow I managed to slip backwards and land on BOTH my wrists... the wrong way! It was embarrassing because for the past few weeks I haven't been able to do much with my hands and I won't be able to do much heavy lifting for another few weeks!

And all because I was too lazy to put my shoes on... =P

Showing 1-15 of 37