ForumsThe TavernBoard games that make you unbored.

49 8330
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

My favorite board game is risk. Whats yours?

• 49 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I'm a bit of a board game nerd.

Settlers of Catan
Dominion
Carcassonne
Puerto Rico
Rune Wars
Power Grid

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I like Monopoly, Settlers of Catan, and Risk. All of those games are really awesome and are a great way to pass the time.

Max000_Extreme
Max000_Extreme
113 posts
Peasant

Chess is a good game

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Sine Requie. Great illustrations, original gameplay( dices are overused) , and some horror things.

Think for a second about it, what would happen if a zombie apocalypse started in the 1944 at the Omaha beach?

And I aren't talking about the normal clichè zombies, but the big bad ones, that don't die when they get shooted in the head.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sine_Requie]

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Chess with a good opponent will be the best time of the evening,youe mind is working,and you're super carefull.....its great.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Chess with a good opponent will be the best time of the evening

Chess with an unskilled opponent can also be fun because you get the satisfaction of completely annihilating your adversary. Of course, they usually don't want to play much after that, but at least you get one good sweep out of the evening.
Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I've always like Monopoly the best but there is nobody I know who also likes it so I have only played it a very few times in my life.....

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Chess with a good opponent will be the best time of the evening

he's partly right. but im better then the good opponent.
im bobby fisher. jk. of course you knew i was jk, bobby is dead.
most of you people out there probably dont even know who he is.

Chess with an unskilled opponent can also be fun because you get the satisfaction of completely annihilating your adversary.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA annihilation! AHAHAHAHAHAHA all mine! AHAHAHAA...ha....ha. ok not funny. but annihilation is fun and satisfactory for sure. you are on the right track headed for the west coast during the winter of 25' (yes, 1925) during a terrible snowstorm that only time can tellwhat will happen.

that was one weird forum post....
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Chess with an unskilled opponent can also be fun because you get the satisfaction of completely annihilating your adversary. Of course, they usually don't want to play much after that, but at least you get one good sweep out of the evening.
I don't know what you are saying, because that has happened to me, and I have done it to others, and in both cases the annihilated kept playing.

(must be my charisma)

~~~Darth Caedus
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

because that has happened to me, and I have done it to others, and in both cases the annihilated kept playing.

Well, aren't you lucky. In most cases, I have to strongly convince my opponent to play chess with me if they aren't good players, so even if I don't annihilate them they don't tend to last more than one game.

One day, someone will ask me to play chess with them. And at that moment, I will hear the angels sing.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

One day, someone will ask me to play chess with them. And at that moment, I will hear the angels sing.
You want to play a game of chess (tomorrow, it is midnight here).

~~~Darth Caedus
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

You want to play a game of chess (tomorrow, it is midnight here).

Sure, let's play some chess. I'll get the board out, and we can...

Oh, right. We're not in the tangible world.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
889 posts
Nomad

I can play chess whenever with anyone, as well. I'm not the best, though.

Monopoly is fun if you have enough people, usually anything less than 4 is relatively boring.
Then; each game should last at least three hours, so that's you amused for a while.

Other than that; I'm not much a fan of board games, I'd probably rather play Xbox or come on here when I'm bored.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Am I allowed to say card games that make me unbored? Because my all time favourite game is definitely dutch blitz. If not I still retain to the fact that I love board games in general. I am in the same boat as Ferret in being a bit of a board game nerd I suppose.

awesomecoyoteman
awesomecoyoteman
17 posts
Jester

Chess. 'nuff said

Showing 31-45 of 49