ForumsThe TavernBoard games that make you unbored.

49 8331
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

My favorite board game is risk. Whats yours?

• 49 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Why?

Everyone else here seems to love Risk.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Everyone else here seems to love Risk.

I don't care much for it because it involves a lot of luck. This is why I also don't play Monopoly or The Game of Life.

I like games where I know I can win from the beginning if I'm a better player than my opponent.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I've always preferred Monopoly over other board games. I like the strategy involved in buying, selling, and building. No one else in my family likes to play it, so I never got any practice at it (except playing against myself.)

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

I like: monopoly, chess, risk, and chutes and ladder.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

My favorite board game is a game called Labyrinth. It's not the game with the little ball in the maze, though. In this Labyrinth, you choose a random treasure card and try to get that piece of treasure by moving your marker to it (rolling the dice). The twist is, certain pieces on the board can be rotated, making it really tricky to get the treasure. I also like chess :P

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I like: monopoly, chess, risk, and chutes and ladder.

XD chutes and ladders with all those strategy games!
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I don't care much for it because it involves a lot of luck. This is why I also don't play Monopoly or The Game of Life.

I like games where I know I can win from the beginning if I'm a better player than my opponent.

Hmm.. Do you happen to play Stratego, Ernie? I like that game a lot too.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I like quiet a few board games, and no board game I have played actually didn't interest me. So all I can say is that a lot of board games make me "unboard". My all time favorites are Monopoly, Checkers, and Chess.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I don't care much for it because it involves a lot of luck.

It reminds me when I was playing Battleship with my friend.
That lucky SOAB kept sinking my ships by luck. I had this brilliant strategy where I placed my attacks so that I could find his ships easily but he randomly placed his attack all over the board and kept sinking my ships first.
The only time I won is when I placed all my ships horizontally and vertically but all touching each others. By the time he figured out, I sank all his ships! xD
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Mastermind is my favorite. I even like watching two people play against each other and seeing the person guessing get led in the wrong direction by their own conclusions.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

The only time I won is when I placed all my ships horizontally and vertically but all touching each others. By the time he figured out, I sank all his ships! xD

Lol, his fault for falling for such a clever trap. :P
Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

my favorite board games are risk, and monopoly

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Hmm.. Do you happen to play Stratego, Ernie? I like that game a lot too.

Interestingly enough, I've never played that game once in my life. From what I've looked up on Wikipedia, it doesn't sound like something that I could necessarily pick up right away, but next time I'm in a game store I'll look for it. Then all I'd need is an opponent...
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Lol, his fault for falling for such a clever trap. :P

Yeah , he thought he sank a 5 pieces ship but in reality he sank a 4 pieces ship (horizontal) + he hit the one that's actually 5 pieces (vertical). I'm still proud of this one! xD
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Interestingly enough, I've never played that game once in my life. From what I've looked up on Wikipedia, it doesn't sound like something that I could necessarily pick up right away, but next time I'm in a game store I'll look for it. Then all I'd need is an opponent...

I've played a Stratego and a clone which is the mainly the same, except for some unit differences and complete unit anonymity throughout the game (units aren't revealed when they are pitted against each other). When played on board it requires a neutral arbiter (which sucks), but electronically it's makes for an even better challenge.

Yeah , he thought he sank a 5 pieces ship but in reality he sank a 4 pieces ship (horizontal) + he hit the one that's actually 5 pieces (vertical). I'm still proud of this one! xD

It seems if he made just a few different moves, your plan would have totally unraveled. :P
Showing 16-30 of 49