ForumsGamesNuclear Plant Ending

18 18338
kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

** WARNING: This thread and its content are purely speculative. Whether this is part of the actual game remains unknown. Anyone who has not yet completed Nuclear Plant is advised to do so before reading this.**

For those who have completed Nuclear Plant, you know that the game ends with the plant mutating out of control and the player having to destroy it. After doing so, you are greeted by a series of panels stating that the Earth has become overpopulated with the monstrous creatures and it beyond reasonable repair.

I was wondering if anyone knew of an alternative ending. I don't remember the exact wording of the text on the last panel, but it was something along the lines of "No happy ending". This in itself, would seem to indicate that there is in fact another, happier ending, or possibly several other endings, that can be unlocked based on the player's progression.

I assumed that, should a "happy" ending to the game exist, it would be reached by completing the game without using any upgrades (including buying new weaponry or hit points). I haven't had any luck in finding it so far, though this may simply be because there is none.

My main objective I hoped to reach in creating this thread was to spread awareness about the possibility of an additional ending. What would this ending be? How would it be reached? Post your thoughts here.

• 18 Replies
Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

I doubt it. But that tree was CREEPY! I finally finished the tree and I look closely to the screen only for a scary disappointment. I didn't finish the upgrades or weapons so it was hard to beat him, in fact I had to die. Luckily, I had a save on wave 10 and I died it on wave 12. It was mostly creepy because of the creepy ambiance, former little noise, the freaky little swaying motions the tree does, and the fact it was is hard to beat.

I didn't finish it, but plan to finish it later (in my lifetime).

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I figure if you beat the game within a certain time limit, it may give a new ending. I beat it around round 70 (seeing how long i could last) and got the same ending. Maybe if you spend all your time just building the tree, and beat the game before a certain wave you could get a different ending.

StDrake
StDrake
194 posts
Lord

Well I beat the thing on wave 11 less than 3 days, world gets simplier with a minigun, basically all I needed was sniper gun and minigun. Still same ending.

Twelvegageshoty
Twelvegageshoty
31 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I don't think it was ment to imply there is an alternate happier ending, just that there is simply no happy ending at all. My opinion.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I think I completed the game on wave 22 and in 7 days. The plant also mutated. Maybe there's no happy ending.
Could the mutation be related to the plant's growing speed? I mean if you make it grow slower it doesn't mutate. I may be wrong, though.

kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

Could the mutation be related to the plant's growing speed? I mean if you make it grow slower it doesn't mutate. I may be wrong, though.

I tried resurrecting the plant without upgrading the growing speed, but it still mutated into the giant monster tree after reaching 100%. I'm starting to believe that an alternate ending does not exist, or if there is one, it is extremely hard to achieve.
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I tried resurrecting the plant without upgrading the growing speed, but it still mutated into the giant monster tree after reaching 100%.

I also tried this a few hours ago and it doesn't work. The ending is exactly the same.
The only difference I found is that doing it this way the message "There's something wrong with the tree" (or whatever it says) shows up after reaching 80%. The first time, when I upgraded the growing speed, I got that message around 50%.
However, I don't know if this is something relevant or if that message shows up randomly.
kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

The only difference I found is that doing it this way the message "There's something wrong with the tree" (or whatever it says) shows up after reaching 80%. The first time, when I upgraded the growing speed, I got that message around 50%.

That might actually have some significance. I might try playing through again and see, since the message that pops up probably doesn't just appear on random.
ffaagg
ffaagg
13 posts
Nomad

Personally i think, because of the games strong "war is bad" message they were implying that if the world would plunge so far into war that 99% of the population died, there could be no happy ending.

ffaagg
ffaagg
13 posts
Nomad

Personally i think, because of the games strong "war is bad" message they were implying that if the world would plunge so far into war that 99% of the population died, there could be no happy ending.

ffaagg
ffaagg
13 posts
Nomad

Sorry about the double post. I hate it when that happens lol.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

That might actually have some significance. I might try playing through again and see, since the message that pops up probably doesn't just appear on random.

I'm not sure about that. I played it again and got the message around 40%, so I don't know what to think. Maybe you have to defeat a certain number of waves before starting to make the plant grow.
Or maybe we're looking for something that doesn't exist. The developer could've chosen that ending in order to make us think there's an alternate ending so we keep playing the game over and over.
kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

The developer could've chosen that ending in order to make us think there's an alternate ending so we keep playing the game over and over.

Didn't take that into consideration. It's very possible that that's the reason that he did that, and that we're searching for a lost cause.
kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

The developer could've chosen that ending in order to make us think there's an alternate ending so we keep playing the game over and over.

Didn't take that into consideration. It's very possible that that's the reason that he did that, and that we're searching for a lost cause.
kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

Ugh. Sorry about the double post. Hate it when my computer does that.

Showing 1-15 of 18