ForumsThe TavernWhat do you do at the beach?

38 4837
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

We all visit the beach every once in a while. So what do you do while you're there?

I tend to take very long walks from one end to the other. Good exercise for the body and for the mind.

What do you do at the beach and what are your beach experiences?

• 38 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

and attack the invading seagulls

We've all done it at some point in our lives.

When I was about 11 or 12, I was at some crummy beach by the bay with some other people. They threw crackers to attract the gulls while I threw pieces of driftwood at them when they were in the air. Most of the time I either couldn't throw it high enough or my aim was just completely off. Lucky birds didn't know what didn't hit 'em.

i stare at the girls walking by

One of the reasons I walk down the entire beach both ways.
The_Leet_Haxor
The_Leet_Haxor
10 posts
Nomad

i stare at the girls walking by

Lol that's what almost all guys do!
But to be serious i go Surfing/Bodyboarding, Still getting the hang of surfing (It's Bloody Hard) or maybe just sit on the sand and just look out to the ocean. (looking at the waves)
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

burn like a marshmallow.

but in all seriousness, I

stare at the girls walking by
and then I
use a boogie board to ride some waves.

yep. either that or sleep... beautiful sleeeeep.
warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

stay in the water sometimes i swim others i float there thinking about dolphins and ocashinaly segulls

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

i float there thinking about dolphins and ocashinaly segulls

If the water is warm enough, I will bob around in the surf like a corpse and let the waves push me around. That's my absolute favorite thing to do at the beach.

But the only beach I've ever been to that's warm enough to corpse-bob is Waikiki Beach in Oahu.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Lol, but why would you flirt with girls who you don't even know?

That is called interaction. xD Let's know each other!!!!
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

In a nutshell, I much prefer the beaches in southern California, Mexico, and especially Hawaii because of the nice warm water. Maybe one day I'll visit the Caribbean and check out the beaches there. I hear the water there is also nice and warm.

But the only beach I've ever been to that's warm enough to corpse-bob is Waikiki Beach in Oahu.

Try South Padre Island in south Texas(where my dad is from). THE WARMEST ocean I have ever been to. I too have been to Waikiki Beach(btw Maui has some great beaches, too. warm water, but a little more coral than I would like)

Another great thing about South Padre Island is that there is NO coral. There are also constant medium sized waves rather than a bunch of small waves and then only one big wave every 10 minutes. It's a great place to learn how to surf(personally i learned to surf in Maui on Father's Day with my dad.)

So my favorite thing to do at a beach is surfing and body surfing. Maybe boogie boarding.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

We all visit the beach every once in a while.

Well i NEVER been to the beach so i dont know what one looks like in real life but i guess what i would do is swim and surf.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

i Love swiming in the beach, but i have an idiotic 'thing'. i have a phobia from sharks. so i swim, up until i suddenly remmember the shark thing and how deep i am and that i am in a perfect position for an attack and how my tiny littel scratch on my finger most called sharks from spain to taste my blood, so i freak out and go back to the beach...
the most shamfull thing is that i am aware for this...

and i also love digging a "grave" so just my head will stay out, and just relaxe. most of the time my friends start make me ש Mermaid body {a very good one}. so peopele use to photo me .
or a better one, in which they make me look like my body is facing the other side, then they stuck a broom handle in it or light some gasoline on the fake body {was did once, almost got kicked off by the lifeguard} and i start to scream, its just so funny how people run and try to puul it off, someone actualy start to call an ambulance lol... we had to stop him, befor they will charge him for that...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Try South Padre Island in south Texas

I'll keep that place in mind if I ever go to Texas. Is there anything unusual about it that one should know before visiting?
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Well i NEVER been to the beach so i dont know what one looks like in real life but i guess what i would do is swim and surf.

That's sad R2D2. Anyway I'm just swimming in the sea and not worrying about anything. Well sometimes i get kinda dizzy because of the contrast of the cold water and the hot weather, then i go back and warm up a little. Then when I'm ready i go back to the beach and swim... again.

-Jeff
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I get myself a beach-chair, set it up next to my friends, grab a cold beer and every 2 hour I go for a swim.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

I'll keep that place in mind if I ever go to Texas. Is there anything unusual about it that one should know before visiting?

no. not really. oh i guess the ocean floor is weirdly leveled. its a lot of dips and rises. for example, on the southeast shore, when you step into the water, youre about knee deep for 10 feet. but then, suddenly(dont trip) it raises to less than an inch below the water line. so your basically above the water for 15 feet but it gradually goes back to normal depth(waist/chest high). when your coming back to shore, dont fall. that tall cliff/shelf just DROPS. It is HILARIOUS to see people trip and fall. i suggest surping on the west/southwest shore.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Lol, has anyone ever seen one of those stereotypical "beach bullies" who knocks down sandcastles, or is that just an old movie cliche?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Lol, has anyone ever seen one of those stereotypical "beach bullies" who knocks down sandcastles, or is that just an old movie cliche?

Punk, I am one! Seeing an innocent kid all happy, then ruining his fun with the sand that caused his enjoyment! That's my kind of fun there

*disclaimer: I am just joking! I would never do that to a kid (or any other person for that matter)...I would not want to be beat up*
Showing 16-30 of 38