ForumsThe TavernWho loves Legos?

148 25534
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Personally, I love Legos. Ever since I was a 3 year old I use to play with Legos, and I still play with them! I see a bunch of amazing stuff made out of Legos like Cars, Space Ships, even Spongebob! Does anyone here make anything out of Legos or even likes them in general? And if so, what is the most amazing Lego creation you have seen?

• 148 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I wish I had the imagination and spatial skills to make my own designs, but alas, I don't.

I wish there wasn't such a high demand for legos, they are too expensive.

~~~Darth Caedus

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

That is very impressive! Did you make it yourself or did you get a set and make it?

I designed and built it myself. I kind of loosely modeled it after real fire trucks (mostly fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=wmFuUMq5AcjziQLfxIDoAQ&biw=1280&bih=905&sei=ymFuUN-HLcPHiwLWyIGIBQ#um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&tbm=isch&q=2009+pierce+fire+trucks&revid=1836855317&sa=X&ei=52FuUMWcGKjmiwKH6oGoDw&ved=0CEAQgxY&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=d954a5fd7d3178a5&biw=1280&bih=905">2009 Pierce.)

I was really happy with how it turned out... Now I have to build a new fire station, since it wont fit in the old.
tangramfool
tangramfool
128 posts
Peasant

I recently made a riot shield for a minifig, quite simple but i am very proud of it...
I dont really think of what im going to make with legos, i just put together pieces that are outside of their boxes.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I designed and built it myself. I kind of loosely modeled it after real fire trucks (mostly 2009 Pierce.)

I was really happy with how it turned out... Now I have to build a new fire station, since it wont fit in the old.

Nice! It looks very professional and looks like it could be sold in a Lego Set. I look forward to seeing you new work sir.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Hey, that's pretty good! I actually like it better than the Lego firetruck kit version...

http://images.mocpages.com/user_thumbnails/pierre_normandin@hotmail.com/www.brickshelf.com_gallery_pnorm_vehicules_Fire-truck-Ladder_ladder-01.jpg_SPLASH.jpg

Although the two really are similar!

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Hey, that's pretty good! I actually like it better than the Lego firetruck kit version...

This is an old set. I can tell by the wheels this is a old set. And what I don't like about most model trucks like those is that they are one passenger! Either these minifigs are fat or the Lego company is jipping us. XD But yes the previous truck was better. =)
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Nice! It looks very professional and looks like it could be sold in a Lego Set. I look forward to seeing you new work sir.

Thanks! I'll upload some pictures of the new fire station. It's about 40% done, it's coming along.

[quote]Although the two really are similar!

My truck originally started out as a ladder truck (like the one you posted), but I couldn't get it to look right.

And what I don't like about most model trucks like those is that they are one passenger!

I never liked that about Lego. I was able to cram 3 guys in my truck xD.
kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

You can build almost anything with legos. Its creativity.
but aggressive people tend to DESTROY them

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Legos are great. Except when they have my Eggo. Then I don't play nice with them.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I was able to cram 3 guys in my truck xD.

You can cram as many as you want in there... you just have to make sure the back of the truck is hollow!

Do you think you can you build any of these trucks?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2506/4203916570_728f42d6d2.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3185/3027367996_41db7cdbfe.jpg

http://images.mocpages.com/user_images/291/1251647716m_SPLASH.jpg

And of course, you'll need a place to put them all...

http://www.stlegofd.com/sitebuilder/images/Station_07-6-568x600.jpg

Guilty! =D
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

You can cram as many as you want in there... you just have to make sure the back of the truck is hollow!

That's my motto... If they don't fit, you make 'em fit.

I might be able to handle the wildland engine at the top... As for those other two, I don't think I have enough of the right pieces (I barely had enough to finish the truck I got.)

And of course, you'll need a place to put them all...

I'm working on a new station right now actually. It's not as cool as that one (I would build one like it, but like above, I don't have enough of the right pieces), but it should come out good. =D
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

As for those other two, I don't think I have enough of the right pieces (I barely had enough to finish the truck I got.)

Yes, lots of custom pieces seem to be involved! They also seem to use a fair bit of stickers and labels, which do enhance the visual appeal of the piece, but don't make it any more or less impressive!

I would build one like it, but like above, I don't have enough of the right pieces

I want to know where they got that apple tree on the left. That is one of the strangest custom pieces I've ever seen!

Anyway, when you finish your station, don't be afraid to show us! =)
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I like the first truck, it has that off road feel to it. I like that. =)

Guilty! =D

Dido on that. I destroy Legos like Godzilla destroyed Tokyo and I am proud of it! =)
Showing 136-148 of 148