ForumsNews and FeedbackSign of hope?^^

33 8517
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Whatever this means, but actual you could see this on the AGv3 beta-site:

The Armor Games beta is shutting down on August 31, 2012! Learn More / Give Feedback

Maybe its only a shutdown for more work, but maybe... well, we will see^^

• 33 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

The link redirects to a GetSatisfaction thread, and this caught my eye:
This is a major step forward, and we're excited about what the rest of the year will bring.

Though if you take the pessimistic route, this could just be a cover up for them scrapping AG3.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Ron said that he was pleased to announce this update, so it sounds like it's a step in the right direction.

Does this mean AG3 will overtake AG2 on September 1, or will the beta site just be unavailable starting on that day? What does it mean that they're "shutting down open beta"?

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Does this mean AG3 will overtake AG2 on September 1

I dont think that it would be that "easy", in add to what Ghost posted from GetSatisfaction, i would say its a major update... but not the release.
Or they prepared for the last step(s)... i see some open (and closed) betas shut down a while before the release.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I could only assume that that was them testing the name-changing feature upcoming in AG3.

Or he didn't want his actual name displayed here.

They've always been able to change names here as well.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

and when he posted that there's the thing on the left like how he felt about what he was writing i guess, and for him it said "i'm stoked" perhaps it's finally getting close to AG3

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

A lot of "it's too soon for this" comments on GS. Very confusing. How is it in any way too soon, ha? I'm glad they're making progress.

As for the direction, i'm unsure. Maybe a closed beta, but for what? Would having a closed beta for the achievement system etc be feasible?

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe a closed beta, but for what?

Isn't the open beta supposed to come after the closed beta? Or is it not unusual for a site to have multiple open and closed beta phases?

This all makes very little sense to me... =P
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Yeah, mostly its closed, open, release... but could happen they decide to go on nother closed phase because of a really big major update (sure, not that often, but its possible and happend before on other sites).

espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

im really interested on this. i mean, ive been waiting for AG3 for a loooong time.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

You would expect them to test the large features like achievements and new forums with us instead of keeping it to themselves. A full release soon wouldn't make sense to me.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

New post by the staff on that GetSatisfaction thread:
Only the beta site (beta.armorgames.com) is going away, not the normal site at armorgames.com

The purpose of the beta site was to try new ideas, test performance and technology solutions. We tried a lot of new things and measured if players used them, if they liked them, and if they helped the site. The best stuff will live on at: armorgames.com, the bad stuff will die a horrible, horrible death.

The plan is to start applying the things we learned to the normal site... so, you're going to see a lot of awesome changes coming up in the near future.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

That sounds like: "No AGv3, were only updating AGv2 with new features.
We cant test much new featurs at AGv3 (like the new AP-systems), does that mean there all dead?... in that case you were right ghost

Though if you take the pessimistic route, this could just be a cover up for them scrapping AG3.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Well, the whole idea of AG3 is to replace this site. But I don't understand why they would apply that stuff here since this current site was built on bad code. There was a lot of talk that they were using a new template. They could still be doing that, but how would that work?

I also don't understand why they wouldn't let us test them. The whole idea of the beta was to add in new features for us to test. We didn't see much of anything. Mostly site design...

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Sure, but if there talking to applying this tested things (and yeah, that was mostly design stuff we have seen there (ok, on the open beta, maybe there still was a closed with more features for a few users... but i dont think so)) on this (AGv2) site... then there is no AGv3, its only AGv2.X...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

maybe there still was a closed with more features for a few users... but i dont think so

There was a closed beta, but we didn't see many features. All we could do there was send messages to others.

I will be very disappointed if they decide to scrap AG3 and only add a few things here. We shouldn't jump to conclusions though, only time will tell, but so far it looks like it's true.
Showing 1-15 of 33