ForumsGamesSpiral Knights wrecked my computer

7 4218
Bman66
Bman66
35 posts
Peasant

That stupid game Spiral Knights put a virus on my computer it took me all night to fix it.

• 7 Replies
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

It's impossible to spread viruses through browser/flash games.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,774 posts
Chamberlain

yeah because if it was a game giving you a virus there would be lots of people complaining about it and the game wouldn't have made it onto AG if it did have a virus because they have people to test the games to see if it's AG worthy and whatnot, and even if it got hacked there would be a hole lot more people with this problem. what exactly happened though, that could help me figure this out

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

what exactly happened though, that could help me figure this out

I'm assuming he went to a website with spyware/malware. His computer didn't notice until minutes later when he left the site and started playing Spiral Knights.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,774 posts
Chamberlain

well i was thinking of something that happened to me awhile ago (months before i got an account) i went to misc. games and that redirected me to what looked like a legit virus message but using that site to get rid of said virus would have given me a virus so i was thinking something like that may have happened

gooeyglop1
gooeyglop1
345 posts
Nomad

To play spiral knights did you have to download anything, because sometimes computers freak out when they try to download something...

Bones00799
Bones00799
49 posts
Scribe

Spiral Knights doesn't even load on my computer my question is it even worth playing?

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

It uses Java unlike all the other games on AG that require flash. Therefore it is only expected that there would be more issues than other games.

Showing 1-7 of 7