ForumsThe TavernWhat is your level of education?

22 3951
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

This thread is meant to poll the AG users on just how far they've gotten in their educations. I know a lot of you probably aren't even done with high school yet.... but that's ok, we still love you. I'm just curious about which of us are pursuing or actually hold degrees to our names. I'll start with me.

I have a...
high school diploma
Bachelors of Science (BS Degree) in Chemistry and Biology (Double Major)

and am now pursuing a DO... which is the lesser known US equivalent to the US MD... so I'll be Sonatavarius DO in 4 years (hopefully!!!). If you have any questions specifically for me then notify me on my profile. I'm busy busy, so I WILL check the thread... but not as often as I'd like.

• 22 Replies
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

High school diploma. Planning to pursue a Bachelor's in Biochemistry or Biochemistry/Economics. Afterwards, it's either med school (MD or maybe MD/PhD) or Wall Street --> MBA --> Wall Street.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

I haven't a single degree to my name. I never did well in school outside of English studies, so I just stopped going altogether when I was 16 to pursue a luxurious career in alcoholism and rubbish collecting. It may sound like a miserable life to some, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm more than quite content with doing almost nothing with my life.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I do not have a single degree because I have yet to graduate high school, I do have a few things in mind after I get out though. Such as ecologist, vet, artist or writer (The third is more of a hobby then a profession as far as jobs go, but any of the others I would love to do as a profession).

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I'm working on my Associate's in Network Systems Administration right now, then I'll get my bachelor's in a branch of IT. I'm not sure what yet, but I'm thinking about cybersecurity

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

I'm a junior in high school. I'm taking like 4 AP classes though (college credit). I want to be an anesthesiologist...so yeah see you there in a few years plus a couple more..give or take 20 years.

GodOfWar35
GodOfWar35
189 posts
Blacksmith

I haven't got a degree yet... ! But an IELTS 8.0 degree is one of my main aims to study abroad ! I don't tend to be a bachelor or PhD cuz' Machinery and IT are only my favors !

GodOfWar35
GodOfWar35
189 posts
Blacksmith

Kalb789
I'm a junior in high school. I'm taking like 4 AP classes though (college credit). I want to be an anesthesiologist...so yeah see you there in a few years plus a couple more..give or take 20 years.

Wow... what will you do with that ? On animal ? Or against criminal, security ? Surgery ?
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

I'm a sophomore, I hope to take some AP classes next year. I want to do something in aviation, preferably flying a plane.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

i am in eighth grade and am taking geometry honors. i have a highschool credit in japanese, computers, and algebra already.

i am aiming for physicist/astro-physicist/theoretical astro-physicist/mineralogist/archaeologist/anthropologist.

one of those.

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

Working on high school life. I'm hoping to get acquainted with computers and everything about them so I can become a programmer someday.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I have the equivalent of a high-school diploma? We don't get an actual diploma, just our exam certificates.

I have a (BTH/BA hon) in Theology (Major) with Modern History (Minor)
I have my teaching cert for TEFL (Teaching English as a foreign language)

Next year i'll do either my PGCE (Post-Graduate certificate of education) in Religious Education, or my Masters in Theology in relation to church history.

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

I'm taking Politics, Philosophy and ethics, chemistry and economics for A-levels which are very difficult tests taken over two years before you go to University. I've just started them this year.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

my education is the equivelence of a smashed rock coming out of rehab on a good day.

on a bad day, dont even get me STARTED.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I have a high school diploma and an ECPE from the University of Michigan. Plus, I have a certificate in German Language Study from the University of Freiburg.

Now, I'm studying for my BA in Economics & Urban and Regional Planning.

TennesseeBoy
TennesseeBoy
20 posts
Farmer

I'm a senior in high school and will be attending college next year. I'm going to college for a BA in Sports Broadcasting and Broadcast Journalism at Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York.

Showing 1-15 of 22