ForumsThe TavernInternet Explorer 9

19 4674
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'm trying to install Internet Explorer 9 and I can't. I get this message: Setup can't continue because a more recent version of Internet Explorer is installed on your computer

I've searched in the start menu and control panel and I don't have any version of Internet Explorer installed.

• 19 Replies
BlueChel5
BlueChel5
20 posts
Nomad

Well, try going to the Add or remove programs section and try to delete it and re-install it. But there are other great browsers, like Google chrome and Firefox!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I did what the answer says here and it seemed fine, said it was completed and to restart my computer, but IE9 isn't anywhere to be found. The only thing I have regarding it is the file I used to download it, so I opened it and ran it again, but I got the previous message.

But there are other great browsers, like Google chrome and Firefox!

I know, but I want IE9 for testing purposes.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

Heh, "Internet Explorer will help you with Myspace browsing".

It's like a guy with a broken right leg and a broken left leg are trying to create a fully functioning person through some arbitrary form of diffusion. All you get is an abomination against nature, one that needs to be stomped on to let the stronger foxes continue to grow and evolve.

In all honesty, IE is just a mess. Give up on it, install Chrome, and enjoy your personalized internets.
(Pic related)
http://www.abload.de/img/ie_kleinb2r7e.png

-Chillz

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

ChillzMaster - I'm not new to browsers. I've had Firefox, Chrome, and Opera ever since I've had a computer. Don't post if you can't help. This isn't a thread for you to express your dislike towards IE.

UUM - I've done that already. I've uninstalled it how it says, then I tried installing IE9. I think the problem is that I don't have any version of IE on my computer. It says after uninstalling I should have an older version, but I don't.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I tried installing it from here.

I don't think you can install IE8 on Windows 7. I've searched on Google and they're all for old versions of Windows.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i think the problem here is that you even LIKE IE, much less that you want to istall it. take chillz advice, and install chrome.

GOOGLE IT. litteraly.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Can you people not read. I never said I liked or disliked it, I just want to test things. I already have Firefox, Chrome, and Opera installed. Please make an effort to read before posting.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Did you really expect to make a thread about IE and not get hate? Come on now Ghost xD.

But in all seriousness here, with a little digging through Microsoft's website I found this. Hope it helps.

St0f
St0f
13 posts
Nomad

Only one solution to your problem op. Delete that filthy program before it lay eggs. And get firefox.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

But in all seriousness here, with a little digging through Microsoft's website I found this. Hope it helps.

Did that, and now when I try to install I get this message:
Internet explorer did not finish installing. For more information, see the Internet Explorer Troubleshooter. This link is also on your desktop for later reference.

I've done everything in that link and still nothing.

Goddammit. All this trouble and still no IE9 installed. I don't know whether to be mad at my computer or the browser, but this is ridiculous.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

My Internet Explorer 9 is automatically installed. I just got this laptop a few months ago.

I just have to say, it is way faster than FireFox and Chrome. Don't flame me. I speak the truth as well as the critics.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I just have to say, it is way faster than FireFox and Chrome.

This really isn't the thread for this, and expect people to respond because they can't read. Please continue that in one of the other browser threads. This one is so I can get some help.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I don't like explorer, but the song they se in commericals, "Too Close", is great.

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

Goddammit. All this trouble and still no IE9 installed. I don't know whether to be mad at my computer or the browser, but this is ridiculous.

There must be internet explorer somewhere if you have a windows os, so far as I know it can cause serious problems to remove it completely. I wish I had your problem, my computer automatically installed IE9 when I specifically told it not to.

I just have to say, it is way faster than FireFox and Chrome. Don't flame me. I speak the truth as well as the critics.

Yes I know this doesn't belong here, but I proved that IE is not faster in the other thread.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

There seems to be an issue with this account. I created a different account on my computer and it came with IE8. I was also able to successfully install IE9 on that account.

I suppose if I really want to have IE9 I'll have to keep that other computer account, but it worries me. Could there be other issues with this one that I'm unaware of? Is there a quick way to transfer all my saved documents and stuff over to the other account?

Showing 1-15 of 19