ForumsThe TavernAm I the only one that struggles with Creativity?

25 3507
Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

Probably.

I can't seem to be creative in anything I do. I always have to think of things logically to the point where I can't be creative.

Discuss. Ever had problems creating something out of nothing? I seem to be able to combine ideas but never something truly original or creative.

I'm hoping I'm not the only one. :/

• 25 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

My creativity isn't good. To most people's surprise, most of my showmanship takes hours to develop. I wrote the OP of my last thread, I am a boring pile of garbage, in 20 minutes. I have 3 drafts of what I wanted to say.

Now, I need to step off of my soapbox before I sound like a moron.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Let's just say, my lack of creativity has no limits... I failed every art class I ever took, which is hard to do because that class was an easy "A" for just about everyone else who took it... =P

And when it comes to writing and other similar fields of creativity... well, let's just say I don't have the creative capacity to describe how inept I am...

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yeah that could make an interesting thread : Where does creativity comes from?
Why is it that some people are and some are not.
I'm very creative but it doesn't come from my parents because they are not creative at all. :O

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I have the exact opposite of this lack of creativity at times... I always have some stuff popping up in my mind about any sort of subject, but simply can't follow through because of a lack of time to make it or it fades after a while and when it is needed again, I can't seem to remember... =/

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

but simply can't follow through because of a lack of time to make it or it fades after a while and when it is needed again, I can't seem to remember... =/

I know the feeling. I seem to think of great ideas in the middle of the night but I usually make excuses, "Oh, I'll remember it in the morning this time", "I'm sure it's not that good anyway" and then in the morning I kick myself because I remember that it was a good idea but can't remember what it was. It's strange because I remember my dreams, which I didn't know until recently, is actually really weird. I just can't seem to remember my creative ideas though.

I think I read somewhere (Or maybe it was some speech) about someone that wrote poetry explaining that when she thought of an idea it would suddenly be like a storm was chasing her and that she had to get to a piece of paper before the storm would reach her or else she would forget. I think that is a pretty good some of what my ideas are like (Except mine probably aren't half as good xD). Unless I put pen to paper, I have trouble remembering my ideas.
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

i am not creative. takes me a few days to make a thread.

jjrocks66
jjrocks66
912 posts
Shepherd

I am somewhat creative, but i never finish anything i start. Its a curse. I start out writing a song or a poem and it looks great! I show it to other people and they like it but I can never finish anything!

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

My brain seems to be quite powerful in many areas except for the ******* that is creativity. Every once in a while I think of something amazing but those moments are few and far between. That's why I hate in school when teachers grade us on our creativity. It's the only place I lack in substantially.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't say I'm creative, but I can utilize randomness. Not sure if it's always the same thing.

Showing 16-24 of 25