ForumsPopular Media*cough* *cough* :/

13 4244
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Well Killersup has decided that he has lost of his manlyness.He is going for the play,which about 4 guys do every year....

How can Killersup tune his voice in is the main question?

• 13 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

um.....what? all i understood was the last part which i do not have the answer to, the first part i don't uderstand

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Do vocal exercises, like this in whatever range you need. Try to cover the vocal breaks, such as between modal and falsetto. Practice A LOT, especially in front of others. Get feedback. Real feedback. Pick an impartial audience if possible (family and close friends tend to play the "you're perfect" card too much). Record yourself and listen to it. Working on elocution and breathing can help, too.

kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

EmperorPalpatine pretty much covered everything I was going to say, but if you have a very vocal intensive role with several high or low notes, such as would a singer, expect to lose your voice. In that case, go on vocal rest until it gets better, or the condition may worsen and have long-lasting or permanent side effects.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Well a problem Killersup has right now is that he is at that stage when his voice cracks.....and when it cracks it shatters.....

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

Are you trying out for a play or musical? I think what is above would help. Sometimes a role with a cracking voice is needed. (I'm in a musical where that is the case.) I'm not really sure what you would do for it though, since I'm a girl. :/ Good luck at your audition!

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Well a problem Killersup has right now is that he is at that stage when his voice cracks.....and when it cracks it shatters.....

When practicing, try vocalizing much softer than usual and very gradually increase in volume. That works for some people because it's easier to control.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

It is indeed a musical,however Killersup is pretty sure he has a small part where he sings by himself.

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

Which musical is it? Now I'm curious... who are you playing in it? So I think the best think to do is just gentle practice, and gradually working up to it, both throughout the practice and in the long term. Don't ever strain your voice, because it can cause damage, or even just make your throat hurt.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Also, don't eat or drink any dairy.

It has something to do with the lactose coating your throat, which stimulates mucus. Drinking highly acidic beverages, like lemon juice (orange may be too viscous), seem to help because they cleanse the region.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

whispering
Killersup is a mummbler.....like all the time....

Which musical is it? Now I'm curious... who are you playing in it?

forgot the name of the musical XD its somthing about kids running a a hotel....Also Killerusp signed up today,however auditions are in early october.
fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

uh what the heck really how is this in popular media cough cough horrible title for whatever your talking about

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

uh what the heck really how is this in popular media

Movies, Music, and Art

it is part of what is under the term &quotopular media" Incase you have not noticed, a play is a type of music,and depending on how well it was done,a style of art.

cough cough horrible title for whatever your talking about

read the topic sentence,then post.*sigh* the title is to show how Killersup felt upon the matter at hand.Besides everybody knows its a Killersup thread when there is a strange title.

before speaking,know what your talking about.While the "horrible title" might have been bad in your opinion.It got you to look at the page,which means a sucess.The more people who see the page the more who will answer.

Please,please,please,read the TOPIC POST.Before insulting Killersup again.Killersup would really,really,hate to get banned for cursing out some silver knight.
Showing 1-12 of 13