ForumsGamesAge of Empires

26 4617
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Any other fans of this awesome strategy game? I can play this game for hours. And I do. You have to manage everything about your colony, and fight off other civilizations.

• 26 Replies
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I used to play this game all the time as a kid and I still do. I remember playing the tutorial mission in aoe2 over and over when i was like 6! Right now I play aoe3 as Japan cause I just love their Yumi archers and samurais.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

aoe3 as Japan
I have the third one, but there's no Japanese. Are those Japanese mercenaries?
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

You need to get the Asian dynasty expansion pack, it comes with China, India and Japan. The other expansion pack is the WarChiefs which comes with 3 Indian tribes (i forget which).

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I played AoE 1 it was good but you could only train 1 unit at a time you couldn't just make it train 10 units which irritated me.

AoE 2 on the other hand was and still is one of the best strategy games there is my favorite has got to be British longbowmen they destroy enemies if you group together about 30 then put their stance to stand ground then keep slowly moving them forward they insta kill anything they gets within range.

I haven't played AoE 3 I heard it's really bad from a lot of people and I wont be getting it without it is really cheap because I don't want to waste my money.

What does anyone think of AoM I like it alot because it still feels like AoE but it is different because the myth units and the god powers it just makes it a bit more interesting and it rivals AoE 2 in my top 5 RTS games.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

You need to get the Asian dynasty expansion pack, it comes with China, India and Japan. The other expansion pack is the WarChiefs which comes with 3 Indian tribes (i forget which).
I don't have any of those.
I haven't played AoE 3 I heard it's really bad from a lot of people and I wont be getting it without it is really cheap because I don't want to waste my money.
It's not a waste of money. You can get it for like $15-20 on ebay. It's really fun, and it isn't very expensive.
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

I'm pretty sure there's also a free demo which is basically 1 campaign mission (i think) try it out if your interested.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

They are all great games! I like being the huns and razing all the buildings or using the cheat: how do you turn this on , its a great cheat, try it out!

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

using the cheat: how do you turn this on
that's for aoe2
for aoe3 try tuck tuck tuck it spawns monster trucks!
Juanprito
Juanprito
105 posts
Nomad

I play AO2 with my cousins sometimes. For me that's the best Age of Empire.

I always use the Hunos because I don't have to build houses to expand the population capacity.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

I'm pretty sure there's also a free demo which is basically 1 campaign mission (i think) try it out if your interested.
Yeah there's I think two campaign missions and two different maps where you can set up your own game. You can download it from age of empire's website.
Freaking hilarious.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

that's for aoe2

The only cheat I ever use in AoE III is 'where's that axe?' It spawns a giant bust of George Washington, and when it generates it goes: " GEORGE CRUSHINGTOOOOOOOOON!"

Personally I prefer the Byzantines and Teutons in AoE Ii. With the expansion pack, the Cataphract causes trample damage to opponents with the Byzantine's unique technology, plus the Cataphract gets bonus damage to all infantry. And I'll take well protected calvary that can own pikemen any day of the week.

Teutons because if you garrison ten fully upgraded Teutonic Knights in two battering rams, you can destroy a castle easily if you ungarrison the Knights when the rams reach the castle. Just watch out for wololololol.
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

Another benefit to Byzantines is they are among the few that have bombard cannons, bombard cannons are just great against masses of infantry and are also very good at slow moving things like battering rams.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

they are among the few that have bombard cannons
The Ottomans have a great bombard on AOE3.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Another benefit to Byzantines is they are among the few that have bombard cannons, bombard cannons are just great against masses of infantry and are also very good at slow moving things like battering rams.

But you don't need bombard cannons. Cataphracts have an attack bonus towards infantry, are faster, and cheaper. Then trebuchets cost about the same but have far more range to attack aggressive structures.

Perhaps I'm biased against bombard cannons, since I like to use small groups of calvary to harass my opponent and inhibit his ability to effectively play the game.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Personally I prefer the Byzantines and Teutons in AoE Ii.

Which expansion pack?

Personally I am a Mongol fan. If they got Paladins they would be unstoppable.
Showing 1-15 of 26