ForumsGame WalkthroughsNeed help on GemCraft?

358 211214
Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

Can anyone give me help how to get threw the 10th war its yellow and its hard any tips and idea please

• 358 Replies
ybom
ybom
144 posts
Nomad

I was looking for a complete optimal setup for Epic 1 (no I haven't beaten it yet). I can only see it at the final boss two ways;
1. getting a 5 or 6 purple (or two) and moving em from a constructed tower between the bend at the start to a constructed tower in the middle main gap, and then moving it to the last area. This would seem like the only way to beat it at level 23 or less on the first round.
2. two or three round method. I doubt a three round is possible before you beat it the first time because getting to 7100m seems near impossible.

Based on the above two points, I was wondering if a pure level 6 purple would be equal to a constructed lvl 6 purple. Constructed would be easier to get, since it's cheaper and easier to cope with the random lower level gems. When I combine the same color, they seem to be equal, or am I missing something?

Also, is anyone over lvl 23 and hasn't beaten the first epic? That would be interesting.

ROCKONTYLER
ROCKONTYLER
153 posts
Nomad

I just beat the third epic.

Xendier
Xendier
2 posts
Nomad

after the first epic is too easy...i beat it at lv 25

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

heh That game is hard,fun though and there should be another one

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

There will be this is v1.0

Whatever9
Whatever9
1 posts
Nomad

I've been looking for info on gem hues but was unable to find any descriptions. So I think I've worked out the deal with hues and I thought I'd share what I figured out.

First of all, it appears that the closer in hue a gem is to the hue of a monster being attacked, the less damage is done. Indeed it appears that a creature of exactly the same hue as a gem may take no damage from it at all. (This can be very important in the single color levels, where we find you can maximize the effectiveness of your gems by combining gems of high, medium and low hue color only with similar gems to maximize your range of damage.) Conversely, a gem of the opposite hue should inflict massive damage.

So how do you know if something has the opposite hue?

The hue numbers appear relate to a 360 degree color wheel. Surprisingly, however, the eight standard gem colors are not evenly distributed around the wheel. The following is a list of standard gem colors and approximate ranges of hues for gems of that color:

Red 1-8
Orange 22-37
Yellow 52-66
Lime 86-97
Green 114-126
Cyan 173-187
Blue 232-247
Purple 262-278

Note that there is a huge gap between Purple and Red: almost a quarter of the color wheel from 280-360 is not naturally occupied by any of the standard gem colors. Mixed gems with hues in this range are red-purple in color.

How can you know what color a dual gem you create will be? If the two gems are of equal grade the created gem will be exactly half way between the two original gem colors on the color wheel.

Some examples of combinations:

Yellow-60 + Cyan-180 = Yellow-Cyan 120 (i.e. green)

Red-1 +Purple-271 = Red-Purple 316 (no single color equivalent)

Red-1 + Green-121 = Red-Green 61 (i.e. yellow)

The more difficult circumstance comes when you are combining colors on opposite sides of the color wheel. It is possible to combine such gems and achieve radically different results depending on whether the numbers are more or less than 180 degrees apart:

Yellow-53 + Blue-233 = Yellow-Blue 143 (a color between green and cyan)

Yellow-54 + Blue-238 = Yellow-Blue 326 (a color between red and purple)

This is probably way more detail about the mechanics of the game than anyone needs to play the game effectively, and most of the time you will be making decisions about gems way too quickly to obsess about the details of hue combinations, but I was curious and thought I'd share what I found.

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

Nice information worth reading thanks for sharing it with everyone.

lunarplex
lunarplex
34 posts
Peasant

good work! think a lot of people have been wondering about this.

dagothur1300
dagothur1300
149 posts
Nomad

the way i beat it was getting to level 23 and putting ranks into lower creating cost, armor and powerful gem bombs. then i made high grade gems (about grade 5 or 6)and put them in the towers. at the last few levels, build up mana to about 4000 and wait for the boss. let him run around once and then throw gem bombs at him. if he still gets past the towers, throw the tower gems at him and he should die.

this works with at least the first 2 epic bosses

Rob29
Rob29
1 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

heres my stats:

Gem bombs thrown: 1056
Gems created: 1959
Gems combined: 748
Grade 7 or higher: 65
Towers built: 815
Monsters killed: 29,772
Bosses killed: 1051
Epic bosses killed: 12
Battles won: 1050
Current level: 83
Total score: 249,398,000

1 - 5,391,780
2 - 7,098,260
3 - 7,870,160
4 - 8,787,410
5 - 8,309,620

clearly could be higher, but im happy enough ive got everything 100% and glowing.

yaleslot
yaleslot
158 posts
Nomad

Hey,

The things I do is getting a gem as high as I , meanwhile I make new oens

Yaleslot

NotQuiteBilly
NotQuiteBilly
1 posts
Nomad

Ok so i have a question about dual gems. if you use the gems that cause multiple hits (chain hit, splash) and combine them with a status effecting gem (poison, slow) does the status effect hit all enemies damaged? i.e. if i have a red/blue gem will it cause area of effect slow, or will a lime/green gem have a chance to cause multiple poisonings... if so that rocks... having splash poison or chain criticals would be sweet

dagothur1300
dagothur1300
149 posts
Nomad

yes they do NotQuiteBilly

Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

im level 54 right now. almost done with the game. ill post my stats then...

Waterpologuy
Waterpologuy
227 posts
Nomad

I just gave up on the first epic one.....
I dont have the patience to try again.....

Showing 151-165 of 358