ForumsThe TavernMars

27 3579
Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

What would happen if all the ice caps in mars were to melt?
I read a manga called Aqua which says that after 150 years the ice caps will start to melt and people begin moving there calling Mars Aqua and Earth Manhome. Then they build a weather tower controling the climate to be just a livable as Earth and because there is so much water they have gondolas and a city called Neo-Venezia. But after reading the scientific facts I'm having some serious doubts (my dream)it will some true.

Is there a single life source on Mars?
Who knows? Aliens coudl live there and they could be very intellegent so rovers can't possibly show full evidence of a life source.

Would you go to mars if you could possibly die
Lets face it, Aliens, Climate, no human traveled to mars yet but I still say SURE I wanna see all of Mars and the exitement that goes with it!

If you have question related to Mars feel free to ask em'

• 27 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Who knows? Aliens coudl live there and they could be very intellegent so rovers can't possibly show full evidence of a life source.

If they're intelligent enough to evade rovers, they obviously don't want to be seen by other life forms and would therefore hide themselves from us if we were to ever actually set foot on the planet. Which, of course, would lead us to the conclusion that no life exists there and billions of dollars would be wasted on visiting this boring, desolate planet.

Lets face it, Aliens, Climate, no human traveled to mars yet but I still say SURE I wanna see all of Mars and the exitement that goes with it!

What excitement?

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/Mars_surface_Viking.jpg

If that's the kind of thing you find exciting, you might as well just pay a visit to the Mojave Desert. It's much cheaper and you're slightly less likely to die there.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

If they're intelligent enough to evade rovers,

They would have to be more intelligent to evade the assorted satellites and probes orbiting Mars.

What excitement?

LoL Awesome.

I wouldn't mind going to Mars actually. It might be kind of fun. I'm not sure I would like the two years of inter-space travel involved in getting to, and getting back from Mars.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Is there a single life source on Mars?
Who knows?

Sorry to disappoint you...but life has been found from Mars

What would happen if all the ice caps in mars were to melt?
I read a manga...

And this is where I officially lost faith in your answers..
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

If we manage to terraform mars to make it habitable, then I wouldn't mind traveling there.

~~~Darth Caedus

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

With the small amount of information let out about the Mars rover and the questions it is raising, i think i will wait awhile.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

If we manage to terraform mars to make it habitable

If we are going to terraform any planet to make it habitable, it should be Venus (Earth's sister planet)
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

What about the pictures of the "rock formation" man etc?
Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

If we are going to terraform any planet to make it habitable, it should be Venus (Earth's sister planet)

But you should be aware that there are toxic gasses on that planet or-so-I've-read

And, dude, thats a manga, which equals not true. Manga=fiction

But fiction is sometimes based on scientific facts. And I love Aqua and Aria. The manga is beautiful but it's more pointed towards girls.

I also really wanna dicuss about what happens if Mars turns into Aqua

Aw darnnit! I was gonna go up there and find the life source myself. JUST KIDDING! But seriously it would be intresting.

We still don't know if it's 100% proof.

With the small amount of information let out about the Mars rover and the questions it is raising, i think i will wait awhile.

But there was some proof that there is life on Mars. I don't know if it's absolute proof.

if we were to ever actually set foot on the planet. Which, of course, would lead us to the conclusion that no life exists there and billions of dollars would be wasted on visiting this boring, desolate planet.

It wouldn't be so much of a loss if they traveled there when the ice caps melted and terraforms it to be livable enough. And we may discover Mars cats! you know, when cats give birth on Mars and...yeah...
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Sorry to disappoint you, but even considering that the article itself does not mark that as proof, there is no evidence that points to this supposed bacteria still existing anywhere on Mars after being fossilized for billions of years.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/mars-comic.jpg

What excitement?

Epic ^^

Actually, those are weird microscopic stone formations supposed to be fossils, though there is still no general agreement about that. So let's just wait before proclaiming life, ok?

What about the pictures of the "rock formation" man etc?

Pareidolia?
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

but life has been found from Mars

I want some solid proof that this random rock came from Mars before I believe that.

There has been three other rovers before Curiosity. What questions could be raised about some rover going to Mars anyway? (Am I misunderstanding your statement?)
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

But you should be aware that there are toxic gasses on that planet or-so-I've-read

Terra-forming would take care of that...

I want some solid proof that this random rock came from Mars before I believe that.

The rock, the researchers explained, had formed 4.5 billion years ago on Mars, where it remained until 16 million years ago, when it was launched into space, probably by the impact of an asteroid. The rock wandered the inner solar system until 13,000 years ago, when it fell to Antarctica. It sat on the ice near AllanHills until 1984, when snowmobiling geologists scooped it up.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

It wouldn't be so much of a loss if they traveled there when the ice caps melted and terraforms it to be livable enough.

However, say these evasive extraterrestrials do exist and they wanted to kill humans without being noticed, they could theoretically get away with doing away with every human that set foot on their planet without us earthlings knowing what our brethren had died from.

And this means we will have wasted billions of dollars, which would be tragic to say the least.

And we may discover Mars cats!

Why would we discover Mars cats? The more important question being, what the hell are Mars cats?
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Mars is boring I couldn't care less if their was life or is life on mars because it wont affect me.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Why would we discover Mars cats? The more important question being, what the hell are Mars cats?

Doesnt matter, they are all dead now.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTo9y1Gv4yUjh5VNrynNbwQOk6JSwZqCp_--M-QMxrNlqNq1Rf-VcQbBoFznw
And this means we will have wasted billions of dollars, which would be tragic to say the least.

Hell, we do that now.
Showing 1-15 of 27