ForumsThe TavernWatches

11 1679
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Anybody know a good reliable watch that isn't too fancy or expensive?

• 11 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

What do you mean reliable? Digital or analog?

Why not just pick one you like? Quartz is pretty precise to +/- 5 to 30s per year, which isn't really anything to worry about.

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

You really get one or the other not both.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I suggest the Citizen NY0341EB, at least I believe that was the name. It's a beautiful, inexpensive analogue that is waterproof to 200 meters, (in other words you can swim with it) and it's an automatic, so it doesn't take a battery, it is purely mechanical.

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Either type is okay

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

You could just go with a Casio or a Timex. Good, cheap watches usually $20-$50. (You might get some hate from people if you wear a Timex.) If you don't mind paying a bit more, a Swatch. For something classier in the $100 range look at Fossil, Tommy Hilfiger, Citizen, and Seiko.

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

I suggest the Citizen NY0341EB

Ummm, Masterforger, that name is not right. There is no citizen watch like that.

Also, jeol the watch you mentioned is okay. A little expensive though.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I wear a Timex digital Ironman watch. I've warn this type of watch for years because they're durable, inexpensive, very easy to use and you can hardly feel them on your wrist. The time just jumps out at you when you look at it; you don't have to worry about minute hands or all that other analog jazz. It's kind of like having a very basic stopwatch on hand that never stops (although it does also have a stopwatch feature). I only use it as a watch, but it has plenty of other features that I don't even know about.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

i dont really need a watch so i dont use mine.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Ummm, Masterforger, that name is not right. There is no citizen watch like that.

Ha ha! I found it!
It's a Citizen Promaster Titanium Divers 200m. It's a really good watch-inaudible ticks, waterproof, comfortable, invincible due to titanium, readable underwater due to domed glass, and it's generally inexpensive.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Woops, image fail.
Here;
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/JOHNDRJ19/29-10-09-watch03-main-k.jpg?t=1274175949

Showing 1-10 of 11