ForumsThe TavernWhat would you do if you were an admin for a day?

33 4300
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

What would you do if you were admin for a day?

I would add new games popular on this website, thats all I want to do.

• 33 Replies
misterevil
misterevil
19 posts
Nomad

I would add my favorite games on places like newgrounds and ban all the games that I hate.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I don't think admins have the power to add games, unless they go for those games with links that say "Add this game to your site!"
Otherwise, only the developer is able to upload their games to Armorgames. Some developers get higher revenues from holding their games exclusive to some sites, so that's why those games are not uploaded here (so sad!)

But I digress. If I was admin for a day, I would...probably appoint some more active moderators and look around on the game comments to give some merits. And troll the top 10. Yup.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

If I were an admin for a day, I would do the following:

-Perma-ban any advertisers.
-Demod the inactive mods.
-Add good and active users as mods.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

If I was an admin for a day I would be working hard on AG3 and then just get a bunch of crap from the AG users because they would think that I had done nothing all day.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Ban all spammers/advertisers, as many as I can anyway, and try to do something about those annoying chain comments. Trolling the top ten would be fun. And definitely collect my paycheck from AG.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Do I even have to say?

I'm sure you all know. Things would be different, to say the least.

Now, if you excuse me, I have to go wash this ectoplasm off of myself. Being a ghost was messy.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

wow guys, you have all missed todays learning targets. yes, we do need new mods, but the obvious thing to do would be:

-SCREAM at the people developing AG3, then smack them for not making it faster.

-CREATE new and much more active mods.

-PROMOTE gantic to admin as he is the most active mod

--jugdment LIKE A BOSS

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

-SCREAM at the people developing AG3, then smack them for not making it faster.

You don't know what goes on behind the scenes; as long as they do their work well they can take their time. Hasting things up may only result in as much bugs as there have been lately around here.

One thing I'd do as an admin would be to enforce better communication, as that seems to be a request of many users deploring the lack thereof. I'd make a miserable Community Manager myself, but I know people I'd recommend to the other admins for that post.
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

shut down the site. just kidding, i dont know what i do.................

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

if i were an admin for a day i would try to fix some of the problems this site has been having, and in the end create hundreds more because of my complete lack of coding skills (i've never coded), so after i do that, (or before) but before i resign for my horrible failure, i would get info about AG3, then create another account and tell the people of news about the approximate time of arrival

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I would be the greatest one-day community manager since Justin Royster. I wouldn't bother with AG3, as that would be no concern to me; since I wouldn't be getting paid anyway, there wouldn't be any use in pretending to work on it. No, I'd work on making AG2 a much better place. As good as one can make an entire community in one day. I'd make changes, one of the main ones being hiding the tinfoil hats and Late Night Doritos from all the moderators so they could focus on expanding the team.

And if I had any extra time, I'd go and delete as much game comment spam as I possibly could before my 24 hours was up.

I don't think admins have the power to add games, unless they go for those games with links that say "Add this game to your site!"

They can upload games just like any other developer. That's what the "ArmorGames" account is for.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

If I were a Administrator I would try to manage the site as much as I could, find and ban spammers/trolls, fix some of the issues if they were still a issue (like AP calculation, etc etc), and make some site editions if a Administrator could do that. Like make the dead space next to the Armor Games Symbol and title have a direct link to the forums and such. It would be a lot of work for being a Administrator only for one day but it would be worth a try to help out as much as I could.

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

I'd go on a marathon Troll hunt and perma ban spammers and chain spammers, general jerks, and then feel satisfied, only to wake up the next day, without admin powers to discover that thousands of new trolls have registered.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, one day is certainly not enough time to accomplish everything I hope to accomplish if given administrative privileges! The unfortunate side is, even though admins can fix glitches, it does require some knowledge of programming... there isn't a "fix glitch" button anywhere... so this means I wouldn't be fixing any glitches myself, but I could direct others to do it! =)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

- Get competent admins and mods.
- Abolish the armor points system.

Showing 1-15 of 33