ForumsThe TavernHow did you break your phone?

26 4037
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

How did you break your phone?

This happened not too long ago, I was getting out of the car and my phone slid near where the car door was, I always love slamming the door really hard so I slammed it as hard as I could, but it wouldn't close. So I tried slamming it AGAIN(lol) and thats when I checked the door and saw my phone apparantly it was ok on the outside but untill i got to Wal-mart I got a text and saw my phone was all frizzy, then we went to the cell phone place in Wal-mart and they said it was unfixable.

So yeah thats my tragic story.

• 26 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I haven't broken any of my phones. I am careful with mine.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

I have had mine break open, the insides fall out, but so far I have always been able to put it back together. Then there was the time my friend cancelled his old phone and didn't need it anymore. Throw it down on the road, run it over with a car, fun stuff like that.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i have not broke a phone, i simpily smashed it open with my fist when it said:

cant find directions to: "haven"

--judgment dont care how he does it.

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Umm, well this is embarassing, I broke my phone once when I dropped it in the toilet. Don't ask me how. Don't judge me.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup's 2 years was up,and he was with a bunch of friends.SO he said "here guys,hold the dr.pepper and watch this" and he threw his phone into the lake....

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I haven't broken any of my phones. I am careful with mine.

Nor have I, and it will be hard for me. I have a Casio g'zOne Commando smart phone and this phone is nearly indestructible. But I did have a friend who broke his Iphone multiple time, one time he dropped it and the screen spiderwebed and the glass was completely destroyed. He got a case and a new Iphone and the difference was this time, when he dropped it the case and the new Iphone broke. In a way it was funny but the bad news was that he had to get a third Iphone so the laughter lasted no longer then 2 seconds.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've never broken a phone in my life. Then again, I got my first phone when I was 25 and I hardly used it.

In the three years I've had my Droid (2nd phone), I've dropped it maybe two or three times, and each time I'm more glad that I bought the rubber casing and not that useless plastic casing.

I think this phone has another few years left in it.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

@ red, I ALMOST broke my phone by dropping it in the pot. put it in rice, it soaks up the poop juices.

Twelvegageshoty
Twelvegageshoty
31 posts
Nomad

Got mad because it wouldn't send a message for like the 10th time and broke the screen from squeezeing it to hard on accident.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I didn't, but my ex dropped hers in the toilet. I still can't get over it after she whined to me.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I have managed to drop several phones and still kept them working without problems! =D

My current one is a touch phone and even though I already (accidentally) footballed it through my bedroom, it is still working fine and without a crack! *wipes forehead*

So, I never broke one, as I'm very careful with them!

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

well... i used to have a nokia... it survived the washing machine. but it couldnt survive a swimming pool... and my next phone died in sea...

yes i tend to forget things in my pocket. im not really responssible.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So, I never broke one, as I'm very careful with them!

Oh I'm sure V

and even though I already (accidentally) footballed it through my bedroom
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

[quote]So, I never broke one, as I'm very careful with them!

Oh I'm sure V

and even though I already (accidentally) footballed it through my bedroom
[/quote]

LOL I thought the very same thing when I submitted the post and read it back! Someone is bound to throw that back into my face! LOL =P

To elaborate... I anticipated that it could happen, so when I got my new youch phone, I spend a good deal of money on a real solid casing, that actually prooved it's worth when I dropped my phone, tried to catch it with my foot and ended up kicking it a few feet further instead!
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I dropped my phone from the third floor. It just slipped out of my hands and fell onto the concrete. My phone never was the same again.

Showing 1-15 of 26