ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 683813
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I learnt about the veritable importance of being earnest.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

TIL that vicodin is amazing. I got both my left wisdom teeth pulled today and vicodin takes just about all the pain away.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I learned that this thread is still somehow alive.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

TIL that the best laid plans of mice and men...

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I learned that economic development is not the same as economic growth.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned about many unusual food flavors from reading through the entire bizarre food thread. What I really can't believe is how many of them I already knew about.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned what armadillo eggs are, and no, they are not actual armadillo eggs. They are sausages stuffed with jalapenos stuffed with cheese.

Doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

I learned that we would have to sterilize almost 90% of female elephants in Kruger national park in order to maintain a stable population of around 7,000 individuals. Oh, the joys of excel.

winmaster1
winmaster1
637 posts
Peasant

I learned that dreams can tell you what you need to do once you fall back into reality (based on what kind of dream you have).

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I learned that dreams can tell you what you need to do once you fall back into reality (based on what kind of dream you have).

So if I have a dream about eating pie, does that mean I need to have a piece of pie?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So if I have a dream about eating pie, does that mean I need to have a piece of pie?

More accurate explanation..

Dreams explore aspects of your life..sometimes trivial things..sometimes complexities that your mind is trying to solve. A common way your mind does so is by adding it into your dream and abstracting it in some way

Example: Being chased by someone or something that you feel threatened by and can't escape could be your dream/mind exploring the feelings of a closing due date for an essay at school
Phluphyphill
Phluphyphill
25 posts
Nomad

I learned (the hard way) you should always ask, when buying a car, if the person you're buying it from has the title. At least before you sign bill of sale and hand over the money.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned how painful certain sore throats can be. I've had some pretty awful ones in my day, but this is by far the worst so far. *knock on wood* I would not wish this agony upon my greatest foes.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

I learned (the hard way) you should always ask, when buying a car, if the person you're buying it from has the title. At least before you sign bill of sale and hand over the money.

Yup. I've had a similar experience myself (luckily I didn't end up buying it). You would think that at some point during negotiations the seller might mention that he doesn't actually have a title for the car...

Well, Today (err... yesterday) I learned that bats are able to delay fertilization until the wish to become pregnant.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that stubbing your toe FLIPPING HURTTTTTSS
and also being hit in the throat hurts, and if you drop a book out of a thirty foot tree then the endpapers will come out and you'll have to tape them back in. I also learned about conic somethings with math.
And how tocolor things in your profile. Thank you pang.

Showing 436-450 of 2124