ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684692
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I learned that episode 37 of The Simpsons was the first episode in the series that was related to politics. Now there are several dozen, but that's to be expected considering the series is made up of over 500 episodes.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Really guys? A whole week and nobody learned anything?

I learned that, in Japan, Doritos come in many different "gourmet" flavors; none of which are actually relevant to Japanese food. I also learned that the admins did pull an April Fool's joke, but the only people who noticed it were people who regularly read the News column on the main page.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Today I learned that Ernie doesn't read whole posts and makes assumptions off things things that he thinks aren't said, but are (does that make sence?)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Today I learned that Ernie doesn't read whole posts and makes assumptions off things things that he thinks aren't said, but are

Jump to conclusions much? That's a pretty strong accusation to make out of the blue like that.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that Fanta becomes more tolerable the more you drink it. I've always liked it but it used to hurt my stomach. Now it's just like water or Dr Pepper.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I learned that Flash is a proper noun, thanks to Xzeno and Ferret.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that, since the prefix "oxy-" means "sharp" and the suffix "moro" means "dull", the word "oxymoron" is itself an oxymoron.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I learned that xeano is a bunny.

No joke, folks.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

You didn't know that Sal?

I learned that I'm apparently a slave...to one of my female friends. Don't know how to feel about this..

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned how much of a strain it is to sit up straight when you've been slouching comfortably for so many years.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that if I wear too many paracord bracelets on one arm for too long, my arm gets a dent in it.
It still has a dent in it, and it won't go away.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I learned to never buy cheap weed. Worst. High. Ever.
Seriously, it felt like my head was being crushed and that I was constantly falling. That's not relaxing at all!!!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that New Caledonia has a population of approximately 249,000 people.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned how little I care when my family leaves the house for 6 hours without telling me where they're going. Also, how much the bottom of my hand hurts from using the mouse and the keyboard all day.

Showing 466-480 of 2124