ForumsSupport ForumEpic Glitch

6 1674
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I posted in You're banned, and the thread got glitched according to the following screenshot taken at the maximum zoom-out:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee400/Patrick2011b/EpicGlitch_zpsc3e3e336.jpg

The glitch is where all the page links are shown twice, and no posts are shown in between.

Why would something like this happen?

• 6 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

This is the same glitch, only at a less-severe magnitude than the screenshot you've shown us. This glitch manifests itself when enough posts in a thread are deleted to set the page count off. A link to every page seems to only appear in very large threads, when enough posts are deleted to equal several missing pages of the thread.

It's an old glitch. Most of us are already fully aware of it.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Does it relate to the fact that the forums miraculously dissapeared for a complete day?! (o.O)

Because that was what I was experiencing and dreading... I couldn't get to the forums other than the overview page of the forums. No links to threads or forum pages were working and all I got was the "404 Error - Ooops we can't seem to find that..." message... (o.O)

It's working again now (hence this post I'm making), but it rattled my cage a bit when I thought that the forums had completely been wiped! =/

fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

really show on something else

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Does it relate to the fact that the forums miraculously dissapeared for a complete day?! (o.O)

Because that was what I was experiencing and dreading... I couldn't get to the forums other than the overview page of the forums. No links to threads or forum pages were working and all I got was the "404 Error - Ooops we can't seem to find that..." message... (o.O)

From experience no. Site gets a 404 for me if a virus has eaten up my computer and is dozing off and screwing around. Or more commonly AG updates that cause the Forums to go offline.

OP's glitch however, has always been around.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

From experience no. Site gets a 404 for me if a virus has eaten up my computer and is dozing off and screwing around. Or more commonly AG updates that cause the Forums to go offline.

One would think that this is a virus related problem, but when I tell you that I have experienced this on both a home computer (with IE and FireFox) AND an iMac (with FireFox), would you still argue that it is a virus?
I thought it was a virus at first to be honest, but when I performed a scan and then switched browsers, nothing had changed! The problem even occured on my touch phone's internet... =/

OP's glitch however, has always been around.

Well, I was fortunate (or not) to have never seen this glitch appear before me in the forums... for everything there's a first time!
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The problem I was experiencing was fixed as I was told by boppins today! Yay! =)

I'll relay his answer from GetSat here :

boppins (Employee) 5 hours ago

We made a recent update that caused some profiles to be like yours for a day or so (but no data was lost or corrupted) -- things should be back to normal now. Your profile looks fine to me. If you are still having trouble seeing your profile or using the forums, I'd try deleting all your armorgames cookies.

---

As for the thread pages glitch, I don't know any more about it than the others before me posted, so I guess this thread can be locked... unless a mod or admin still wants to address the issue... =/
Showing 1-6 of 6