ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 94658
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

If you turn everything into gold, who cares if the value is lost? It is still beautiful!

So is painting metal gold, but at least it doesn't devalue gold itself. If you wanted something beautiful, why not just make everything you touch into gemstones or diamonds?
Fuzio
Fuzio
63 posts
Nomad

Gold paint does not match the beauty of true gold. Everyone also does not necessarily find the same things beautiful. If you believe gemstones or diamonds are beautiful, turn everything into that, the same with gold. With unlimited powers at your fingertips, one is not a clearly better choice than another.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Gold paint does not match the beauty of true gold.

I don't know... there are some pretty authentic-looking gold items sold by scammers and frauds these days.

With unlimited powers at your fingertips, one is not a clearly better choice than another.

I beg to differ; A man whose touch can turn anything to glass can make things clearer than a man whose touch can turn anything to dirt. I mean, you can't even see your own reflection! Glass is "clearly" better.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Would take a fair amount of gold to actually do substantial damage to the commodity market. And even if it increased the price slightly, it's still a complete profit.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Does "girls who actually like me" count as a material?

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, this question had a good run! I wasn't expecting a cumulative two pages of responses! Then again, the question was up for several days before it died completely...

New situation: If you lived in a house with 100 rooms, what would you do with all of them?

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Wow! So much rooms for activities!

I will mess them all anyway. Propebly rent some to other peoples. Fill every single one of them with trash.
Ill be more spesific later, i have 3% left in my phone...

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I will fill 25 of them with chocolate furniture, another 25 will be hotel rooms which will be rented by people, 25 other rooms will be filled with gaming systems, and 25 other rooms will have nothing.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Rent 80 of them out and use the revenue from 20 to pay the taxes and the revenue from the rest to play games all day in the other 20.

And there will be cake.

~~~Darth Caedus

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, you guys are born businessmen... I would not have thought of renting out any of the rooms! Guess who won't be making a shining profit this year... =/

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I would place cameras in 99 rooms, and the 100th room would be full of supervision thingies. I would then place 2 criminals and a bunch of cops in random rooms, so that I could watch the cops chase the criminals. I would also place a minigun in the 100th room, in case the criminals break into the room.

Toejam
Toejam
39 posts
Peasant

i would celebrate the beginning of the 20th century... party like a rockstar?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

i would make sure as many people as possible knew about my large house with all the rooms.

Then I would only use one room.
And make sure everyone was aware of that as well.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I'd turn most of the rooms into hotel rooms, except for about 10 or 20, which I would use as my quarters. Since there's no specific layout for the rooms, I'll just assume one of the 100 can be a giant hallway that connects to about 80 of them.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I would turn the house into a sort of "come at your own risk" hotel. Everyone would have to sign a paper saying that i was not responsible for anything that happened to them. Also, they would have to pay up front. Sometimes, "things" would happen to these guests. I would blame it on several ghosts(people will believe anything these days), and then rake in a huge profit from all the fake ghost hunting shows taking place in my building.

Showing 481-495 of 518