ForumsThe TavernAnybody notice a rise in bad language these day's?

16 3103
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

So these day's it kind of seems that a lot of people swear. I mean some people use like one in every sentence. It seems that younger people are too. I was walking by a few kids who couldn't have been older than 11 and they were swearing. Its not like I don't swear but i only do it when I am mad or sometimes when I like walk into a wall. ( Don't ask me how...) I don't know if its just me or what. Anybody else have thoughts? Don't know if this has been covered in another thread though.

• 16 Replies
jjrocks66
jjrocks66
912 posts
Shepherd

Languages adapt to the people who speak them. The generation in which we live in is tainted with so much explicit material that most of the time we curse without even noticing. The reason as to why kids curse so much in my opinion can be due to the internet. Youtube is a site were people can speak whatever is on they're mind and any person from anywhere in the world can stumble on their video. This can affect anyone as the human mind tends to imitate whatever it sees especially at a young age. Monkey see, monkey do right? Humans are, after all almost identical to monkeys right?

Another reason as to why people curse so much is that the words are so commonly used that people don't even realize what they mean. For example the spanish word for butthole(you guys know what i mean) is "cabron" in Puerto Rico, the word is used almost every sentence. Used as a noun, adjective, adverb it can be used for almost anything and everyone says it all the time. I would know because i am puertorican.

Showing 16-16 of 16