ForumsThe TavernStiff neck

8 1348
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

So this morning I turned my head but I think I turned it too fast and pulled a muscle. Or at least I think so. Now I can't turn my neck to the right too much or it hurts. It sucked too because we had school pictures today and the guy asked me to turn my neck so I'm gritting my teeth sitting there in pain. Anyway, anybody know so remedies?

• 8 Replies
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Been there. Endured that. Maybe take Tylenol, but that's about it. It really sucks, but for me, the really bad pain went away after the first day, and it will gradually hurt less after that. Oh and a hot pack might help too. But yeah. Just suck it up.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

I know one,
Takes a saw, saw your head off then refit it.
Jk
seriously take a muffler or sweater or any warm cloth, warm it up a bit with an iron apply to place that hurts the most.
Will help.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Go to a doctor...... what? It's the only thing I could think of.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Take Advil, it will reduce the swelling and the pain. Also, try slowly turning your head to the right. Once you can stretch the muscle a little bit, it wont hurt as bad (If it really hurts while attempting this, stop, as it may make it worse.)

If the pain doesn't go away after a day or two, go see a chiropractor.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I'll be honest, I have never really had this problem. When I pop my neck I cannot move it at all for a few seconds, but after that I am fine. So I would just take some medication for it to reduce the pain. Try to to turn your head that way.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

OMG >.> I had that a year ago for about three days before it died down, it was terrible. My neck is still bugging me as of to date I just always have to try to stretch it out and it never works. Ugh.

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Bengay smells terrible but it works really well.

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Okay thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried out the hot pack idea. Seems a little better. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Showing 1-8 of 8