ForumsThe TavernThe Little Red Circle...Is Working!

25 3343
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

So i'm geussing that you've seen that weird red dot near your username on your file right? Well if your the 12% of people that don't know, it was supposed to show if you were online (logged in and have any armor games page open) or offline (the opposite), but it didn't work so they just left it there...god knows why. But i just went to my file page and saw... IT WAS WORKING! I just want to say something because i was to lazy to see if everyone else has made a forum about this. So...IM HAPPY! Man I havn't made a pointless forum in a while...feels good!

• 25 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

It was taken off due to lag about 2 years ago. boppins managed to fix it and get it going.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Dang Tdog, you beat me to creating this thread!!

Kind of nice to see who's online. Boppins has started making the AG community an enjoyable place again.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Dang Tdog, you beat me to creating this thread!!

Actually, Patrick beat you both to it yesterday! =)

Boppins has started making the AG community an enjoyable place again.

Yes, it's awesome! That guy is god among men!
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

It was taken off due to lag about 2 years ago. boppins managed to fix it and get it going.

...to quote a GENIUS: IIIII DDDDOOOOOOOONNNNNNTTTTT CCCCAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

..to quote a GENIUS: IIIII DDDDOOOOOOOONNNNNNTTTTT CCCCAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Why? It's a sign that the Admins above are doing something.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

A bit pointless for me, I'm off most days of the week, but stay logged on.

Other than coding AG3, where many users still prefer this AG?
Seems legit.
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i am happy to know that because i didnt in the past.

--judgment

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A bit pointless for me, I'm off most days of the week, but stay logged on.

It's based off logged activity, IE having an open browser, as opposed to being simply logged in.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Admins? Admins? I'd go with Admin, or boppins. He's the one doing this stuff.

Other than coding AG3, where many users still prefer this AG?
Seems legit.

Indubitably. Actually, they said they're going to add one piece of the "new" site to the current AG2, mainly to not upset users I assume. That's info that was released, like, 2 or 3 days ago.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Actually, Patrick beat you both to it yesterday! =)

Darn you Patrick, always getting it done first.

Actually, they said they're going to add one piece of the "new" site to the current AG2, mainly to not upset users I assume.

Maybe their planning on releasing AG3 in bits and pieces. It should increase user activity in a small way.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Maybe their planning on releasing AG3 in bits and pieces. It should increase user activity in a small way.

Exactly, except I don't know how user activity will be effected. As of right now it hasn't changed much, but today was pretty slow.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Slowly acclimate those of us who like AG just the way it is, so we don't all run off in droves, perhaps?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Slowly acclimate those of us who like AG just the way it is, so we don't all run off in droves, perhaps?

Yep. Well, they could being doing it this way because adding huge hordes of gadgets could cause AG2 to virtually collapse on account of its ancient code. I think they're updating sections of the site to make it compatible with the next gen of software, and then are adding these new gadgets.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Its very nice.
Not much more I can say.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I think it's a bad idea. I understand where you're coming from (Making users not leave) but I don't think the amount of people that leave will be that bad. Why would you leave at a new update.

I think it will also exhaust all of the hype of AG3 into a small ball. Seriously, who joined this site today just because they saw the green light working? Probably no one, right? But if they see a template change, new skin and a slightly altered layout people would go crazy over the new changes (Even if the were only small useless changes). I think it's a bad idea from a company view but I personally won't mind it. Maybe they will put something super useful that'll finally send the community with a burst of activity. Maybe, but we can only dream.

Showing 1-15 of 25