ForumsThe TavernThe Dead Period

16 4666
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

First of all guys, this is really just a thread where I want to find people who are on the forums at this time of night (So I can talk to you) but it's supposed to be "Disguised" as a thread talking about that dead section of AG where no one posts.

You might think I'm pretty stupid for saying that in my opening paragraph but by the time a moderator or admin sees this it won't be dead on AG anymore and thus the thread exists no purpose except to talk about the no activity time.

Ok, so stop by and say hi if you're usually on at this time (Look at the time of my post if you're viewing this later). This is really my main source of entertainment at this time. I used to talk to knight on counting time but I have reasons for not going there.

You'll probably only find me here. Rocking in my chair and talking to myself but hey, it's worth a shot. Just post here talking about how you hate when AG is inactive or something and I'll hit you up with a comment on your profile.

If you're viewing this way after I've posted this then I would like to talk about the dead activity time of AG. I'm sure there is more times when AG shuts down for an hour or so, and if this happens, please make a post somewhere. It is the worst feeling when you feel like posting in the community and you're talking to a screen and then your post gets flooded by some other thread because when you go offline the activity sparks up again.

So if you've ever been on AG at a time like this then talk about it. It shouldn't be hard, right?

Note: After reading this I realise I ramble on. But it's 1:00AM here and I'm tired. xD

• 16 Replies
Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

SOMEONE THAT'S ONLINE THE SAME TIME AS ME! IT'S A MIRACLE.

Nah but seriously I agree with you. Guessing by the times you states you probably live in new zealand, correct? I'm not that sure but I know that living in Australia at this time is really bad. You feel like you're in that really old house with 20 rooms and nothing in any of them. Quite a bad feeling.

Oh, and I'll post a comment on your profile.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

You live in backwards timezone. If you were to stay up to, say, 6:00 AM the forums begin to wake up. 6:00 AM in my timezone is fairly dead, though.

I guess your Armatar matches your nightowlishess, huh?

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Swedish GMT+1, I'm on at odd times. I usually get updated on posts overnight. It irks me when my inbox is empty after I wake up, though. Real strange.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It irks me when my inbox is empty after I wake up, though. Real strange.

That's more of an issue of popularity, isn't it?

I get my updates overnight too, but that's probably because I choose to get on at weird times. Sometimes I'm on all day and I experience both The Dead Time and the US's Afternoon Rush. Roughly 25% of AG's traffic comes from the US, so it'd be best to try and stick with their time zones.

Oh, and Frank showed me a cool way to get stats like that. Alexa.com is a very nice tool to obtain web traffic stats.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Oh god. Leo, I hear ya. I hate the feeling of being the only one on when no one else is here to talk with. Im usually on late at night.

Toejam
Toejam
38 posts
Peasant

I need active friends.. Idk.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i live in israel so my time zone is also really different. but to say the truth it doesnt matter anymore. i used to think its annoying when there were interesting threads that actually updated constantly but i havnt seen such a thread for a long time. good times...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Am I the only one who expected a thread about menopause?

Yes, the site experiences live and dead periods. It's always been that way, unfortunately. What AG needs back is the little indicator at the bottom of the community page that tells you who is and who isn't online. That was incredibly helpful.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

No Ernie. I thought the same thing.

Eh, a dead period to me is when none of my friends are on. So that is most of the time.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

It's the "dead period" now.... So quiet. No me gusta.
This threads "disguise" is wearing off.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Ahhh... nighttime in the US... talk about dead! There's like, nobody online at this time! You'd think there'd be more night owls in this community, but I guess that isn't the case!

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Well I may not be in the US, but I am still usually here at this point in the day!!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Ahhh... nighttime in the US... talk about dead! There's like, nobody online at this time! You'd think there'd be more night owls in this community, but I guess that isn't the case!

Hey now...I happen to be on during that time! >_<
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

wow I never knew other people were online at this time.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

It's not even 5 in the afternoon here and already it seems pretty dead! I guess people must be out enjoying this nice Sunday evening?

Showing 1-15 of 16