ForumsThe TavernPokemon with weapons!?

34 6808
kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

a most common Idea for pokemon is add weapons.
Well I did thought of that in my ideas. but isn't it kind of weird to add weapons to pokemon? such as adding an M4 or an RPD, axes, staves etc.

• 34 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I never understood why the more, ahem, 'capitalistic' trainers didn't have their Pokemon kill their opponent and steal their Pokemon. Sure, Team Rocket tried this, but in a cartoon fashion. If they were smart, they'd have Pikachu zap Team Rocket 'til they were dead and gone. The police would have some awesome crime fighting weapons, and war would change drastically. Not to mention that Pokemon are all abused by their trainers right now. They're forced to fight for entertainment's sake, instead of a better reason.

On a completely unrelated note, spell-check is asking me if "Pikachu" should be "Spinach." o.O

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I guess they could be more smarter.

"more smarter" /facepalm

And what be "more smarter"..the pokemon? The trainers?

And how exactly would guns make them "more smarter"?!
Before: Alright *insert pokemon here*, use protect in case they use a strong attack! Alright...now use sword dance to prepare for your next attack! etc
After: Um...*insert pokemon here*...yeah...shoot 'em

It will make battles epic. especially in pokemon conquest.

Pokemon battles are so boring and ordinary these days. You know what would make them interesting and original? Guns. Instead of killing your opponent in a unique way based on your individual powers, why not shoot them to death? Now that's something that's surely never been done before.

^This, this, and more this

I never understood why the more, ahem, 'capitalistic' trainers didn't have their Pokemon kill their opponent and steal their Pokemon.

Or why, when defeated, the opponent would just basically become weaklings.
Young 12 year old: Yeah! I defeated you! Now stop trying to steal pokemon!
Super strong 30 year old bad guy...with a gun: Awww...ok.. *walks away*

spell-check is asking me if "Pikachu" should be "Spinach." o.O

Obviously...don't you know what spinach is made of? =p

Mine is asking if &quotokemon" should be "Pokemon"
kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

well i'm not just talking about guns. I'm also talking about medieval and magic weapons.

kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

I mean to change # 2 into this:

2. I guess it will make the pokemon more smarter.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

1. It will be more attractive for older, aggressive, bloodthirsty kids.
T rated games are pretty much best for older kids

how is that a good thing?

2. I guess they could be more smarter.

what? you dont need to be smart to use a gun. on the other hand, using your skills in a creative way is much smarter (besides, its the trainer who does most of the thinking)

3. It will make battles epic. especially in pokemon conquest.

........no

well i'm not just talking about guns. I'm also talking about medieval and magic weapons.

...still... no. the special thing about pokemon (at least it used to be) is that they are animal like creatures with awsome abilities. giving them any kind of weapon will ruin (even more) pokemon

still wrong
pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

facepalm idoits POKEMON ARE WEAPONSsheesh

kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

A lot of pokemon don't even have arms. How could you expect them to hold guns?

well you could strap a cannon or a machine gun or something to the back of a tepig and the other pokemon can use it.
kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

call me crazy and dumb but let me tell you this...

for example: audino is a nursing pokemon right?

(i've seen one from a show it's a hearing pokemon but they use em as a nurse.)

sooooooo..... on a battlefield they could go out there armed with some assault rifles to defend themselves and heal the wounded. it's what a medic soldier does.

medieval times... they could use prayers or somthing to heal the wounded.

well I still don't know about pokemon with weapons.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

its still not pokemon. if they wanted a specific pokemon to be strong they would make it strong. pokemon is in a whole different dimension and time. just like adding guns to a medieval rpg, it is totally different and has nothing to do with it.

kyoth2
kyoth2
3 posts
Nomad

I think if we add weapons to Pokemon, the game will lose its value ...

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

sooooooo..... on a battlefield they could go out there armed with some assault rifles to defend themselves and heal the wounded.

Or...idk...you could have a Chansey go on the field with a..say..Pikachu to defend it. No guns needed.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

To be honest, this would be awesome. Pokemon characters with weapons, I would love to see a troll pic where Pikachu is holding a Machine Gun and somking a cigar and saying "Yipee Ki yay mother CHUUUUU!" Or something like that. I don't know, just a thought...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Genius. Pokemon running around slashing and stabbing each other. Who cares if it takes every single bit of imagination and originality out of the game?

Big difference, thank you for clarifying. I was sure you were talking about the cast of Jersey Shore.

medieval times... they could use prayers or somthing to heal the wounded.

Right. Because that actually worked.

well I still don't know about pokemon with weapons.

You're the only one who remains undecided.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

idk about you but the change I would do would be a whole different anime. no (or at least not many and if there will be then only by humans) weapons at all BUT humans fight along side with pokemon. no gyms, leagues. i mean a much darker world. not sure of the story but the thing that gave me this idea was what COULD have been the back story of pokemon mystery dungeon 2 when the player and grovyle (treeko maybe?) were together before it all started.

i saw some really cool fan pics and one of them had a really awsome picture where grovyle AND the female player faught together against a bunch of sable eyes.

benmitchell0036
benmitchell0036
8 posts
Peasant

Pokemon are awesome enough without weapons. Maybe some really low level Pokemon could benefit from them, but IDK.

Showing 16-30 of 34