ForumsThe TavernCapital I

33 4672
ultimatesanta
ultimatesanta
91 posts
Shepherd

Random Topic: I hate it when I am typing and I need to use a I and i forget to make it a capital, it just irritates me.

• 33 Replies
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

THis happens to me all the time

... -_- That was not intentional.

Also I hate when i type a word and i hit the key next to the letter I want, like thos.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

This issue never bothered me. I always put a capital I when I type something. It takes time but you will make it a habit, "I" know "I" did.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Never had that problem. I just always remember to capitalize the i. I'm kind of compulsive like that.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

im too lazy to captilize my i's

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I just always remember to capitalize the i.
You just forgot to capitalize your I.

Pressing the stupid shift key for too long isn't a problem for me, my problem is I hit the Caps lock.

p.s. "Press any key" does not mean press a key marked any, pick a key and press it.

~~~Darth Caedus
PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

Spell correction on gadgets can be irritating also.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

Even when I'm typing in some chat place where I don't care about capital letters at the beginning of sentences or punctuation I always capitalize the I, it's instinctive. It gets annoying the rare times I'm typing in italian, because sometimes my instinct thinks the italian article "i" has to be capitalized as well.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I must agree with your statement. The whole capitol I thing is a pain. I have done it so much I capitalize things that do not need to be capitalized anyway. So I guess I have the reverse of the problem you have :O

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

You just forgot to capitalize your I.

It was unnecessary in that particular context because he wasn't using "I" as a pronoun.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

The problem for me is not in capitalizing "i" because that really comes naturally. The real problem is when your "the" starts to turn into teh and lolspeak starts to break loose.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Anyone used to writing and typing would be completely fine with this.

I doubt we need a dozen people to repeat this.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

So basically this is a grammar Nazi thread.

I doubt we need a dozen people to repeat this.

And for once someone noticed something wrong with the thread.

As for I, I have never forgotten to capitalize it.

Even when I'm typing in some chat place where I don't care about capital letters at the beginning of sentences or punctuation I always capitalize the I, it's instinctive.

I'm the same way.

It gets annoying the rare times I'm typing in italian, because sometimes my instinct thinks the italian article "i" has to be capitalized as well.

At least you don't have to worry about it on the forums since only English is allowed (you're actually supposed to capitalize languages). I can see the problem occurring in user comments though since the only user comment restriction is that both you and the user you're commenting on are known to be able to understand whatever language you comment in (English is always allowed; I'm referring to foreign languages).
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I couldn't care less about grammar and spelling as long as I know what he/she/it is talking about then I'm fine with however they have wrote it.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

It was unnecessary in that particular context because he wasn't using "I" as a pronoun.
He was talking about the word "I" which is a pronoun and should always be capitalized.

~~~Darth Caedus
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

We do need to stress the point that everyone either types too fast, doesn't care, or trolls about it, consistently. How else will everyone come to understand this?

You are a grammar Nazi, and you have just proven so.

He was talking about the word "I" which is a pronoun and should always be capitalized.

Correct, but I don't prefer grammar Nazis. It's good to post in correct grammar, but I don't think it's necessary to correct the grammar of others as long as the text can be understood.
Showing 16-30 of 33