ForumsThe TavernWhy are people scared of slender man

33 6469
bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

I really do not get this. He does not even look scary.

• 33 Replies
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

It's not really scary, more prolonged suspense and a massive shock (complete with horror movie grade music) when he comes behind you.

fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

slender men is not scary at all people are scared of him because they beleive him

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

The game is scary for the first few minutes but it just gets boring trying to find pages I managed 3 before I pretty much gave up.

1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

http://us6.memecdn.com/slenderman_o_621307.jpg

LOL!!!

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

slender men is not scary at all people are scared of him because they beleive him
i do not think that slenderman is real. i am one to laugh at people who freak out over games but i make excuses not to play it
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

i do not think that slenderman is real.

Good..Because he isn't

On June 8th, 2009, a ââparanormal picturesâ photoshop contest was launched on the Something Awful (SA) Forums.[1] The contest required participants to turn ordinary photographs into creepy-looking images through digital manipulation and then pass them on as authentic photographs on a number of paranormal forums. Something Awful users soon began sharing their faux-paranormal creations with layered images of ghosts and other anomalies, usually accompanied by a fabricated witness account to make them more convincing. On June 10th, SA user Victor Surge posted two black and white photographs of unnamed children with a short description of âSlender Manâ as a mysterious creature who stalked children.[2]
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

I don't actuually find slenderman scary. I mean, if i ran into him o r somethng then yes, i would be kind of creeped out but really?faceless buisnessman guy with tentacles? not scary at all. (at least during the day, anyWay.)

espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

i just gonna leave this here...
http://slenderman.wikidot.com/creepypasta

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

Hey some people are scared of balloons.

fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

people should not be scared of him he is not real

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

people should not be scared of him he is not real

Yeah I um...pointed that out already haha
pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

idk who slenderman is or what game hes from is it minecraft

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

idk who slenderman is or what game hes from is it minecraft

1) check out the link I provided to learn about him

2) The game people talk of is Slender

3) Endermen are based off of Slenderman
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

People are scared of Trenderman because of an innate fear of sticking out. Trenderman represents everything man hopes to be, but isn't: Ultra thin in a society that decrees any amount of fat repulsive. Stylish in a time when physical appearance mean everything. And his lack of facial features is symbolic of the unknown future, and how the latest trends in fashion are just a short distance away. In short, he is the physical embodiment of perfection.

Thus it should come as no surprise that many fear him. Many people have too much pride to admit that they are imperfect, and thus the aid of Trenderman as he attempts to pull the individual into the darkness that others might not see such an embarrassing social faux pas. Afterall, he merely wishes to catch us to give us twenty dollars to but a new sweater vest, or perhaps he wants to get us a pair of khakis that match our polo.

In short, we are scared of Trenderman because we are scared of ourselves.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

People are scared of Trenderman because of an innate fear of sticking out. Trenderman represents everything man hopes to be, but isn't: Ultra thin in a society that decrees any amount of fat repulsive. Stylish in a time when physical appearance mean everything. And his lack of facial features is symbolic of the unknown future, and how the latest trends in fashion are just a short distance away. In short, he is the physical embodiment of perfection.

Thus it should come as no surprise that many fear him. Many people have too much pride to admit that they are imperfect, and thus the aid of Trenderman as he attempts to pull the individual into the darkness that others might not see such an embarrassing social faux pas. Afterall, he merely wishes to catch us to give us twenty dollars to but a new sweater vest, or perhaps he wants to get us a pair of khakis that match our polo.

In short, we are scared of Trenderman because we are scared of ourselves.

no that game just really creeps me out. i am not jealous of his skinniness, that's for sure (i'm already plenty skinny enough) and i'm certainly not jelly of his freakishly long arms, or his blank face, and i have little interest in fashion.

It's the seeing someone like him (faceless, skinny and long arms. and you know he's going to kill you) randomly just appear as you're looking around. it's not just randomly seeing something like a dog or a sign that says "you lose", if it was just a sign following you that says "you lose" you wouldn't be scared, you might rage quit but you're not going to be terrified because of something like that. it's his whole demeanor, lack of a face, knowing that he's going to kill you (yes i know in the game but it can still creep you out) and also just not knowing how he kills you could even add to it if you like to imagine yourself in the shoes of a video game character(or movie or book, but this is a game/picture prop going around) like i do.

Now you might look at a picture and think "oh yeah whatever that's not scary) then you play the game and have him stalk you, then he (may) start giving you the creeps.

and he doesn't give you $20 all he wants is $20, he takes it from you, not gives it to you
Showing 16-30 of 33