ForumsThe TavernWhat does PUK mean?

7 1637
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I was playing around with my new phone when I got to the security part and I played around with some password thingie and I tried putting in random numbers and entered it in 3 times and now my phone says I need a PUK so I can do stuff on my phone again.

Long story short, anyone kow what a PUK is?

• 7 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

From google it look like the SIM card is locked or something.

Found this for AT@T but too lazy to do any more searching

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

It's what happens when you party too hard and drink too much.

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Oooooh, I did that once. I tried messing with my PIN and I didn't know what it was. I entered random numbers and I lock my phone. I had my parents call the phone company and they gave me a really long list of numbers/letters to put in as the PUK and it worked.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I used to do it all the time, it's fairly annoying.
As redslaughter said, you have to contact the company/provider and they'll give you your puk code - write it somewhere safe in case you do it again. You also need this if you want to change phone networks and keep your number, so it's handy to have for keeps !

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Never mind my dad went to Wal-mart yesterday and got it fixed, mods you can lock this topic cause the problems solved.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

pushed under kontact, i think.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Just so other users can read this before it is locked...

A Pin Unlocked Key (or PUK for short) is a code you need when you enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) code wrong for 3 times in a row.

Your phone will then lock down to prevent it from being misused in case it was stolen i.e.

Your provider can then provide (no pun intended) you with a PUK code to unlock your phone again and you can reset your password or PIN code for further use.

[/info]

Showing 1-7 of 7