ForumsThe TavernA birthday present from A.G.

18 2432
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

I think it would be pretty nice if boppins made a system where that when it was your birthday, you were awarded a certain mount of ap.

• 18 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

No. People would just change their birthday every day and collect the benefits.

Plus, it would throw off the precision of the current AP system.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I think it would be pretty nice if boppins made a system where that when it was your birthday, you were awarded a certain mount of ap.

I would agree with Ernie, people would change there birthday all the time just to increase there AP. Not a good idea, plus it would be hard to manage. And we have a couple of issues left, lets not put to much stress on the managing system.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

what i think he was trying to say was for the anniversary of their AG account not the person's birthday

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

scratch that. looking at his post again i think he was talking about a person's actual birthday. but what i had thought he said would make more sense

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

what i think he was trying to say was for the anniversary of their AG account not the person's birthday

That would be easy to comprehend but not easy to run. Remember, the forums are having a hard enough time updating the cache, let alone an automatic AP awarding system that depends on a few numbers.

Besides, AP measures how active a user is, not how awesome they are.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Wrong. I think the admins would be able to set it so that your birthday is treated as the one you had when you registered. If that's the case, then a birthday change on the profile would not change the birthday for the purposes of AP. I still think it's a bad idea. I'm just pointing out that the admins have a way to prevent abuse of the feature.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I think rewarding points for the passing of a date is a silly idea.

.....AG3 anyone?

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

.....AG3 anyone?

Soon...

There's no reason to give a present. I could imagine a pointless popup or some flash icon on the profile that comes at that day...
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Besides, AP measures how active a user is, not how awesome they are.

Tell that to the majority of the users on this site -_-

Soon...

*Couple of years later* soon...
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

*Couple of years later* soon...

Soon...

Tell that to the majority of the users on this site -_-

I've never understood that. When I first made my profile I asked two things...what the ranks were and if AP had any purpose other than unlocking armatars. /end. Why people go on rating sprees to unlock a pointless rank or spam comment...
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Technically speaking, if everyone gains, say, 25 points on their birthday, that means that no one gains anything. Everyone has a birthday, so everyone would get 25 points. If they do this, you should have to post a comment/forum post for the "gift" to activate. Otherwise it would just be stupid.
But they wont do it. No matter what.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

I was waiting for you to say that.

Wrong. I think the admins would be able to set it so that your birthday is treated as the one you had when you registered. If that's the case, then a birthday change on the profile would not change the birthday for the purposes of AP. I still think it's a bad idea. I'm just pointing out that the admins have a way to prevent abuse of the feature.

That is what i was going to respond with.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

The only birthday gift your gunna get is a bunch of happy birthdays if you put your birthday on the list I have a link to in my bio

Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

birthday presents? nah it would be like getting a lollypop on facebook

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

That would just give an unfair advantage to users who have been here longer than others.

I think the admins would be able to set it so that your birthday is treated as the one you had when you registered.

Again, if they had decided to add this feature, users who have been here for four years will have four times as many useless boosts as those who have been here for one.
Showing 1-15 of 18