ForumsSupport Forumso everybody edits is never going to be "officially" back on?

11 1703
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

as some of you may know, the multiplayer game "everybody edits" was taken off of armor games for people getting hacked. well this (i think) has been fixed and you can go and play the game via this link so yes the games back on since you can play it right? not really, because the URL has been changed from what it used to be (no clue how the URL got around to some people) and if you search for everybody edits then no game shows up, which i could only imagine would cause lower amounts of people on the game and very few new people playing it on armor games.

so am i right in assuming that it will never be back the way it used to, never finding it through a search or anything?

• 11 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

The link you're posting is not the current way to direct to the game ManlyMan... it is the former link where one could find the game "Everybody Edits" here on ArmorGames, but since they took down the game, the link has been 'terminated'. =/

The game is currently not hosted and nowhere to be found on AG's website as it is still not uploaded again. And people have this link because they faved the game in their list and so implemented the link which has turned into a ghost link.

We have to wait untill Tass, Justin or boppins tells us what the future of this game will be and untill that time, all we can do is wait...

Did you suggest it in the stickied thread btw? The more people suggesting it, the more Tass sees it and might decide to act upon it.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

And people have this link because they faved the game in their list and so implemented the link which has turned into a ghost link.

The link posted by ImTheMostManlyMan actually leads to the game. However, you are correct in that a resubmission will be required before the game will show up on any AG search.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

The link posted by ImTheMostManlyMan actually leads to the game. However, you are correct in that a resubmission will be required before the game will show up on any AG search.

As in... you followed the link and came up with the actual game? Can't imagine you did... =/

And they probably won't upload it to the same batch number it was once in (11986), but more likely upload it with a new number (somewhere after 14015) IF they are going to upload it again at all that is...
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

As in... you followed the link and came up with the actual game? Can't imagine you did... =/

What's so unusual about the fact that the link leads to the game?
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

@MrDayCee: if that Lin doesn't take you to the game then click one of the link on R2D21999's profile, that's how I got that link/URL.

@patrick: the game was taken down from AG that's what's weird

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

The game was taken down from AG because it was hacked. I don't know any more then that.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Can't do much about the game being hacked unless you want to sue the hackers for copyright infringement or something. I'm sure it'll be up again something. I mean, the server IP can be changed so the hackers don't have access to the game files. Or the game can just be hosted elsewhere. Of course, stuff like that is expensive and will most likely take a while.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

What's so unusual about the fact that the link leads to the game?

One would not expect the link leading to the game because the actual game has been taken down from the website. Next to that there's the fact that I clicked/followed the link and it came up with a 404 error, even after multiple attempts...
That was on one computer, however... when trying now with a different computer, the link appears to be working and taking me to the game. But I don't think it is yet officially on looking at the url address. It states 'lay_ee' in it and official games only have 'lay', nothing else.

My idea is that this is a link we users shouldn't be using as it might be a quarantine section they place a certain game in, when they either want to guard the rest of the website for it or want to work on it and release it once again? Just throwing it out there as I don't know the real details/story about it of course...

if that Lin doesn't take you to the game then click one of the link on R2D21999's profile, that's how I got that link/URL.

The link did take me to the game now, as I stated before, but it still feels weird as the URL address doesn't seem normal with the extra '_ee' behind 'lay'... =/

Can't do much about the game being hacked unless you want to sue the hackers for copyright infringement or something.

We are still way to far off from having an actual Global Internet Law Enforcement Team, so right now they have the advantage upon the developers... sadly... =/
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

The EE stands for everybody edits (Probably) and the chances are it has probably been officially put back on. It is not a cache link of the game and if you have the (_ee) it will always lead to everybody edits no matter if you change the number at all.

It is probably going to be a multiplayer game (I would guess) and that's why there is a specific _ee at the end of play..

Felixjack123
Felixjack123
4 posts
Nomad

yea

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

@MrDayCee: if that Lin doesn't take you to the game then click one of the link on R2D21999's profile, that's how I got that link/URL.

Huh?

The EE stands for everybody edits (Probably)

Your guess is correct it does stand for Everybody Edits.
Showing 1-11 of 11