ForumsWEPRSlavery

29 9000
Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

What do you think about slavery, post your thoughts here.

• 29 Replies
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Well, slavery has already been decided already with the famous North Vs South war. Everyone would agree it was a terrible time in the U.S.A History. No doubt.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

What are you guys talking about?! Have you not heard about the roaring trade of sex trafficking, several thousand forced child prostitutes in America at least 5000 in the UK and about 1.8 million throughout the world (primarily in impoverished nations) see here.
There are still many slaves in Africa, like Sudan. There are also carpet slaves in India and Pakistan see here.
I recently read an article in National Geographic about how some Mexicans were tricked into coming into the USA, where they were enslaved, brought to Florida and forced to work on a remote, fenced in farm.
There are over 20 million slaves world wide. Slavery is still a very real problem that must be dealt with.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

Yah ya'll are out of the loop...i didn't realize anyone was that far out. Ya'll should definatly check out some friends of mines charity organization(almost...couple weeks away) on sex trafficking ()

Slave trafficking is actually higher now than it has ever been, i believe. Its really serious. Oh well, check out that site, it should have everything you need to know. Also, if you have a facebook, search p.a.s.t. <atlanta>...

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

Echoing necromancer and eyetwitch, slavery is also alive and well in the Caribbean. Haiti especially is known for slavery, where a person can be bought for 50USD. Horrible, yes? Eradicated? Sadly, no.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

Wow, I had no idea how public it was in Haiti. Most slavery nowadays is done in secret...and only vague numbers are known. I had no clue that haiti was still caught in it that badly. (who'd have guessed that one of the few successful slave revolts could yield such terrible things for the future)

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

There is no slavery so I am not worried about it as of right now.

No slavery? Not even in America we can say that. I'm not going to yell at you again (whats that? I already did? oh woops.) but anyway to get this topic going...

What do you think about slavery, post your thoughts here.

that's quite the lol statement, everyone except for slave owners are going to say that it's bad. though that can be also interpreted into what do you think we should do about slavery... I personally have no clue how it could end. (I was going to say that slavery will never end no matter how hard we try, but some of you guys surprise me often)
necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Haiti especially is known for slavery, where a person can be bought for 50USD

I've heard you can buy a slave in Sudan for $15USD.

everyone except for slave owners are going to say that it's bad

actually, I would say you are wrong, the majority of Southern Confederates were poor whites without slaves. About 20% had slaves and more than 70% of those had less than 10 slaves. Why would non-slaveowners support slavery? 1) they want to own one in the future 2) they want to feel superior (read Hinton Helper's The Impending Crisis in the South
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I menau could relate this to so called slave labour in sweat shops in places like asia. That is not good.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

It existed during the Civil War especially. There is none now. So this should be blocked because i think we all just want to forget it. Hmmmm?

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Can someone get me the link for that, confirming 100% that that is true and real today?

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Did you even read the first page Ricador, slavery is still prevalent throughout the world, with at least 20 million in bondage.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Ok i went back and read your stuff, and slaves to day are paid. They get crappy salaries, but they are paid and not mistreated. The post was stating like slaves who work for nothing and get beaten, harassed and the whole enchilada.

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

Well there is none for now but there might be soon.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

There are wage slaves, who work with little pay in sweat shops, but there are millions of slaves out there whom are paid nothing for their work, such as forced prostitutes, "carpet slaves", etc. most of which are children under the age of 16. Wageless slavery is still very real Ricador, don't deny the facts they are out there. Just Google "Modern Slavery"

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@eddie- Slavery originally was not nearly as harsh nor was it based on race, it was based on being conquered or selling yourself into slavery because you are so poor, that is how th ancient Greeks and Romans practiced it.

Showing 1-15 of 29