ForumsThe TavernBugs

12 2163
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

You know how see a random bug sometimes when you are doing something and do not want to be bothered? What do you do to it, and why?

Because today i saw a spider about the size of a half-dollar, so I picked up my shoes and hit it. Then about five minutes later it started crawling four legs. (very slowly) So, I hit it again. I think it caught a serious case of parkinsons because it started shaking all over. I hit it again, and thankfully, it has not moved again.

• 12 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

If I see a bug in my general vicinity, I'll usually just flick it or swat it, depending on whether it's crawling or flying... but I don't go out of my way to kill bugs!

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Meh. My rule is if they climb on me or my bed they die. I find spiders every so often in my room and I leave them be if they stay on the walls/ceiling. I'm not going to take the time to capture the stupid thing and throw it outside when I can just grab a hand vacuum and be done with it.

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

I am not a huge fan of bugs. Small bugs are not a problem. its just the giant ones that I don't like. Usually if it outside of my hands reach, I wait for someone else to do something about it. If I can reach it, I squish it.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

It really depends on the bug and how it chooses to behave.

If it's a spider, I'll grab a tissue, gently pick up the spider and throw it into the garbage. I'm not arachnophobic, but I'm always paranoid that the spider is poisonous and I don't want to have any regrets once I'm dead.

If it's a fly or a gnat, I'll try and snatch it out of the air. Usually gnats are slow enough for me to catch them, but flies can be tough if I'm not really hyped up on caffeine.

If it's a larger flying insect, it's time to get out the ol' swatter.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

You know how see a random bug sometimes when you are doing something and do not want to be bothered? What do you do to it, and why?

I do nothing, as long as this bug is not in my house I am fine.

Depending on my mood I will kill them though, if they are in my house of course. I don't like it when bugs are in my house, it makes me worry about my health....
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I live in an area with a LOT of bugs, especially in the summer, so usually I dont bother wasting my time with them. However, if it is a wasp or mosquito I will attempt to kill them. I really like bees though and often go around trying to find them and then allowing them to crawl on my hands until they decide to fly away.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I really like bees though and often go around trying to find them and then allowing them to crawl on my hands until they decide to fly away.

You're not at all worried that you'll get stung in the process? =/
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I spray them with lactic acid. Crane flies were my main victims back home.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I really like bees though and often go around trying to find them and then allowing them to crawl on my hands until they decide to fly away.

You're not at all worried that you'll get stung in the process? =/

No, bees don't want to sting. They only sting if they feel threatened. I've been playing with bees for a long time, and have onyl been stung twice, both times being my fault.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I normally don't bother with an insect unless I'm trying to focus (like do homework or read a book), and even then I'll probably just change rooms because I'm too lazy to do anything about it. (Yes, it's easier to change rooms)

However, if there are no other options, I'll probably capture it using some container and let it out the window.

Max000_Extreme
Max000_Extreme
113 posts
Peasant

I leave alone with its buisness

Max000_Extreme
Max000_Extreme
113 posts
Peasant

How cruel of you to kill my cousins

Showing 1-12 of 12