Rocko's Modern Life vs. The Penguins of Madagascar
The Angry Beavers vs. T.U.F.F Puppy

Who is best? You decide!

• 26 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Spongebob is a classic example of what Nick has become. The old episodes were the best!

They were better because the show was originally made for adults, so there was enough humor in it. Now it's overcensored and thin.

Mrs. Puff

The voice actress is 73, so I'd assume she retired.

Larry the lobster is around a lot less
Sandy seems to be around less

Not sure why. Both voices are still on the payroll.

and I realised that Disney now airs two-three animated shows

P&F is the only decent one. The creators worked on Rocko's Modern Life, Family Guy, The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Hey Arnold, etc. All they dropped was most of the raunchiness.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Both voices are still on the payroll.

The voice actor for Larry the Lobster is still on the payroll because he also does the voice of Plankton.

I have to say, though, I never thought Larry added much to the show. Unlike the other characters, he didn't really have a distinct personality nor was he very interesting to begin with. I can see why that character was ditched.
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Old nick, I was born in 1999 so I didn't really see all those shows but, most shows these days are annoying as heck.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Nickelodeon has become too much like Disney Channel, and that's why it's so unwatchable.
You know, if either channel put on one good show (like Bones or Doctor Who) I would probably sit through all the other "quality" television just to watch them.

what I said above is still a big fat maybe.

~~~Darth Caedus
Slayyerz
Slayyerz
10 posts
Nomad

[quote]They were better because the show was originally made for adults, so there was enough humor in it. Now it's overcensored and thin.

I thought spongebob was made for children because i even watched the 1999/2000 ones and it doesnt have any cussing or anything adult rated in it , or is it just boring for children to watch? someone please answer.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i loved nickelodeon as a kid it but i think around after 2008 it went downhill less good shows and less original ideas ..alot of the same stuff just changed around to make it seem brand new ..

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Old Nick no question. Just looking through the guide over the next few days there's 1 show on that I would watch and it only seems to be on once over the course of the three days. If you throw in the spinoff channels Nicktoons and TeenNick most of the shows I would watch are just the reruns of older shows and the one show I would really love to see new episodes of (Wolverine and the X-men) barely had one season.

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

New nick is unfunny big Youtube stars (like Fred or AnooyingOrange) doing stuff on camera. Old Nick was all my favourite shows. What do you think?

Luna3
Luna3
4 posts
Nomad

New

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

New

*gasp* someone picked new Nick over Old Nick...we must attack!

But seriously...why do you pick new over old? Give reasons...please don't post a one word response then leave
indianajones1
indianajones1
74 posts
Nomad

[quote]Doesn't Spongebob count as old Nick as well? It was around in 1999/early 2000s. I agree it should count as old Nick.I have to say Old Nick cause of Ren and Stimpy.

Showing 16-26 of 26