Rocko's Modern Life vs. The Penguins of Madagascar
The Angry Beavers vs. T.U.F.F Puppy

Who is best? You decide!

• 26 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Doesn't Spongebob count as old Nick as well? It was around in 1999/early 2000s.

Definitely old Nick, I grew up with those shows.

116 posts
Nomad

Old Nick and it's not even close. Grew up watching those shows...

Also, Spongebob is also old Nickelodeon as much as it is new.

joeyman2
joeyman2
65 posts
Peasant

old Nick is better because it didnt have a bunch of stupid shows on it

Nightfang21
Nightfang21
117 posts
Nomad

Seriously? Who would go for New Nick? Spongebob is a classic example of what Nick has become. The old episodes were the best!

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I recently watched one of the new episodes of Spongebob. There is almost no plot, and Spongebob himself has become a hyperactive, attention-deficit, turret-like, creature.
The only character who's maintaned their sanity is Gary.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air vs iCarly

If iCarly is the only show now on Nick that's comparible to Bel-Air, I don't know what to think.
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Old nick wins, hands down, who would think otherwise?!

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

the old cartoons are always the best because we grown up with them. imagine the kids of the next generation being adults who watch new cartoons. they would say that the cartoons they used to watch were better.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I never actually watched Nick that much as a kid. So honestly most of the shows on your list I have never watched. Fresh Prince is amazing though, just the song itself wins. So I will go old Nick.

And you didn't put Drake and Josh on the list? That is a great show.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

I'm old, so old Nick wins. Nostalgia to the core.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

IMO, all Nick is just plain stupid. Except for Avatar. They were lucky to get Avatar.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

recently watched one of the new episodes of Spongebob. There is almost no plot, and Spongebob himself has become a hyperactive, attention-deficit, turret-like, creature.
The only character who's maintaned their sanity is Gary.

I noticed they made Patrick more stupid. It's kinda funny. But old episodes were too good. Daleks mentioned Drake and Josh which was also very good. So Old Nick.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

old nick without a doubt, old spongebob Vs new spongebob? not even a real question.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I noticed they made Patrick more stupid

Everyone has become dumber in the show...before Spongebob (the character) was innocent and sometimes lacked common sense...now he is just plain idiotic

They've dropped/changed a lot of things in the show too...the obsession with jellyfishing, Larry the lobster is around a lot less, the feud between Plankton and Mr. Krabs seems to have died away a bit, Squidwards discontent with Spongebob and Patrick has moved from an annoyance because he just wants to relax to almost pure hatred for no specific reason, Sandy seems to be around less, Spongebob learning to drive/Mrs. Puff, etc
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Old Nick, hands down. But whether it's the new or the old episodes, you can't put Spongebob on the same list as any of those new shows. Even the new episodes are far better than any episode of iCarly.

Nickelodeon has become too much like Disney Channel, and that's why it's so unwatchable.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Nickelodeon has become too much like Disney Channel, and that's why it's so unwatchable.

Last week I was searching for some cartoons to watch online and I realised that Disney now airs two-three animated shows. Truly saddening.
Showing 1-15 of 26