ForumsThe TavernBest and Worst Smells

33 7613
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

What aromas do you love? What odors can't you stand? Anything else you have to say about smells, scents and the like, here it may go.

• 33 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Freshly baked cupcakes is good, burning campfire is amazing. I'd say I'm not fond of onions, or musty gym.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Wet, decaying tree smells awesome. So do the spores whirled up in the air during summer rain. Pretty much any baked good, too.

Vomit, cat poop and neglected bathrooms (used by guys) are prolly my top three of worst ones.

ShadowArchon
ShadowArchon
154 posts
Shepherd

I like Christmas scent (you know the one), I don't like durian (who does?).

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Oh I agree, I love the smell of Christmas as well as that smell just after it rains.

Not such a fan of scrambled eggs smell (although I do like eating them) or gasoline.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I love the smell of garlic (I'm probably weird.), the smell of fresh cake is also awesome, and there is nothing like the smell of a nice steak cooking in the early evening... Nothing like it....

As far as smells I don't like goes, I don't like the smell of meat. That bloody smell is unbearable... I also hate the smell of Lysol. They can put different scents in it, they can change the label, but it still has the same smell...

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

I kinda like the smell of onion (i like it even if the smell makes me sneeze), i dont like how a fresh fish smells.

-Jeff

11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

worst smell - Arealy eggy fart.

best smell - petrol and a fire

11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

oh and garlic is a good smell
@xeano321 dont feel bad, your not the only one

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Fresh coffee in the morning is a great smell. Bad would be neglecting dental hygiene, it's the worst when someone walks up to you and starts talking with bad breath.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

I do love the smell of tarmac after a night of rain. I can't stand the smell of dogs, though. I can't think of any smell I find more vile than the odor of a dog, especially a wet one.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

For some reason I really like the smell of old train tracks that haven't been used in a long time. I also really like the smell of whiteout, paint and nail polish but I probably shouldn't be smelling those because I usually get a really bad headache after.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I can't think of any smell I find more vile than the odor of a dog, especially a wet one.

I don't know if I'm the only one but I love the smell of a dog I think its because I have grown up with dogs all my life so its a smell I have got used to and it is one of those smells that makes me feel more relaxed and secure.

As for smells I don't like coffee breath is horrible and really off putting when someone is talking to you and all you can think about is how their breath stinks, any animals crap that smells is always vile and makes me want to puke fish is another smell I can't stand I can't see how people eat something that smells so bad.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I love the smell of hardware stores. I really don't know why, since I don't have much interest in the stuff sold there; but on occasion I have been known to visit hardware stores just to breathe in the lush hardware air.

As far as awful smells go, pure butyric acid is about the worst of the worst. It has a tendency to linger for a very long time, which is one reason why it ranks so high on my list (pun not intended).

Then again, I've never smelled stench soup.

MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Perfume, but the girls at my school ruined it for me because they put so **** much.
As for worst.... Imagine its a hot sunny day, and your driving (since I think most of you are older than 15. I'm 13) and you happen to stop at a red light, and in front of you is a garbage truck .... worst.smell.ever

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

You want to know what smells really really good? A freshly-stained deck. Staining the deck can be a long process but that smell makes it all worthwhile!

But ohh do I HATE the smell of burning rubber! Remind me to never get my roof redone, I couldn't survive those horrible fumes of death for more than maybe a few hours!

or gasoline.

Funny you should mention gasoline... that's a smell I actually happen to like! Of course I try not to inhale it for obvious reasons...
Showing 1-15 of 33