ForumsForum GamesNamed RPG

142 15513
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Be Warned: This is mildly lengthy. Are you manly enough to read it all?

======================================================

I've decided to go ahead and be very original in the naming of my RPG by taking two letters off the "Unnamed RPGs" thread's name But alas that's beside the point. Let's get down to business, which is that I've obviously decided to go ahead and make a RPG. Now I'd bet you'd like to know what this RPG will be all about, right? Ah well since you insist I'll go ahead and explain this RPG to you my fellow AG gamers.

This RPG shall be about controlling a mythological creature (like a Sphinx) and creating this aforementioned creature and guiding it through a storyline and scenarios that I give you. The choice is yours as to what creature you would like to be. You know what? As a matter of fact it doesn't even have to be a mythological creature, you may be anything you please to be at all. You can be a human, a wolf, a dragon, a sea monster or even a horsefly (I don't recommend that last option because it sounds quite boring). I don't mind you guys choosing your own creatures as long as you aren't unrealistic or silly about it, for example don't say this: I'm a 10'000 foot tall T-Rex that shoots lasers out of my eyes and fire out of my bum as well as the fact that I have impenetrable skin, blah blah blah etc... Otherwise I'll just ignore what you said and move on to the next logical post

Here are a few other things you may also want to know, you can choose between these scenarios for your character to play in:

Realistic RPG (you need food to survive, and sleep to survive, it's also easier to die seeing as how your decisions will get you killed if you're silly or choose a poor option) or you can choose the game to be a little more unrealistic (you don't need to worry about food, water, and all that other bothersome junk to live (that doesn't mean you can go a decade without food), and it's harder to die, meaning the decisions you make are less likely to kill you etc...). So basically choose between easy mode or hard mode.

You may also choose between these type of worlds for your character to live in:

- War ravaged
- Medieval
- Mythological
- Prehistoric
- Fantasy

Or you may suggest one yourself, and if I approve you may live in it.

Now I suppose I should tell you guys you need a character sheet, so here are a few examples:

Difficulty: Realistic (Hard)
Scenario: A modern day society
Character type: Wolf
Character Description: Average height for wolf, magnificent blood red fur, keen eyes, muscular etc...
Name: Grrrht (English translation from wolf speech: Keen One)
Bio: Optional
Mythological Creatures: No
Perk: Fast
Body: Prime of my life

Here is another example:

Difficulty: Unrealistic (easy)
Scenario: Fantasy, Medieval type of country side (untamed country)
Character Type: Sea monster!
Name: Sentios Manios Lentia
Character Description: A 300 foot tall sea serpent with massive spikes jutting out of my neck, I am 20 feet wide and my tail is spiked like a club.
Bio: My name is Sentios Manios Lentia, I am used to living in the depths of the sea, fighting for my life with fierce creatures of the depth. I fear nothing and live to fight!
Mythological Creatures: Obviously since I am one!
Perk: Ability to blast sheets of ice out of my mouth (like a dragon does with fire!)
Body: Mediocre

Last Example:

Mode: Realistic
Scenario: Modern day Zombie Apocalypse
Character: Man
Name: Tony
Past Occupation: Firefighter
Height: 6 foot tall
Weight: 205 pounds
Misc Details: (hair colour, eye colour etc...)
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man as your character AND modern day as a scenario
Perk: Agile
Body: Fit

Important Notes For (you really should read this):

Descriptions: Include as much as you like into the description, but make it enough for me to be able to adequately tell how you look.
Bio: Helps me determine your storyline.
Scenario: This just determines the type of environment and creatures you'll be around. If you choose prehistoric, expect prehistoric animals to be in the gameplay (duh).
Mythological creatures: All I need is a yes or no. If you choose yes be warned that any and every manner of creature may be in your storyline (unless you request for specific types of creatures like Dragons not to be not to be).
Character: What animal are you going to be, a human, dinosaur, sea monster, goblin, ogre, orc, dragon etc...
Body: How healthy and athletic are you
Perk: Be reasonable, if you choose invincible I'll rechoose it for you.

Ah yes I almost forgot this, lastly, but not least is the example of the scenarios you will receive (I request that you post your character sheet in every comment by the way):

Example:

Past Occupation: Fireman
Height: 6 foot tall
Weight: 205 pounds
Misc Details: (hair colour, eye colour, and name, which is a must etc...)
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man AND modern day as a scenario
Body: Fit

"Tony! Hurry up, this building is coming down on top of us, we have maybe ten minutes!" Bellowed one of Tony's co-workers inside of the inferno of what was once called "Hyatt's Hotel" in downtown Detroit. "Yea, I know, just give me a moment," hollered Tony back to his co-worker kicking down the door in his path trying to get to the person on the other side of the door. For there had to be person on the other side, Tony could hear the murmuring of a man! As Tony rushed in he dived out of the way of falling masonry that was ablaze from the ceiling above him and was shocked to see a man lounge towards him. The man was missing half the fingers of his left hand, from a... bite?

Options:

1. Go towards the man and try to help him out of the building.
2. Say "insert phrase here"
3. Ask the man "are you alright!?"
4. Your choice

When choosing an option please copy paste that as well as your character sheet into your post. Thanks in advance

NOTE: You may gain perks after a while or evolve your characters. If you're a human you may grow taller, or run faster, or be stronger etc... After a while I'll evolve (upgrade) your character automatically or give it a perk after a few pages or a reasonable time-lapse.

NOTE: There are clans that you will encounter in this RPG, meaning that some creatures hunt and fight in packs (some don't though)

P.S. I may add rules and updates for this RPG, when I do so it'll be labeled as follows (and every post will be in every post I make):

Attention, Update!

Three people only right now, each player MUST choose a different character (different species) in their character sheet. It is first come first serve. If you would like to join a wait list please message my profile. If a player dies the next person in the wait list shall join the game, or if a player goes inactive for about 48 hours (two days) without warning the next player in a wait list shall be able to take over or make a new character.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I apologize for any poor grammar are inarticulate sentences and phrasing.

• 142 Replies
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Name: Jeremie
Biography: A very well trained FBI agent with the force for the 5th year capturing escaped convicts on his spare time while he was spending most of his time trying to take down The Company. The Company is a very bad organization set out to help themselves and protect themselves from others. The Company created this outrageous biological outbreak. This outbreak is called Pandora. They can only be compromised by obtaining Scylla, 6 black chips extremely protected and encrypted to only be read at The Company's HQ. This was my objective to solve but I have not finished this task yet. Is this outbreak my fault?? This was my life for the last 5 years, signed up to finish this work... Now knowing that I have failed, I must make things right.
Past Occupation: FBI Agent
Height: 6 foot 1 inch tall
Weight: 209 pounds
Misc Details: Jet black hair-medium length, blueish-green eyes, medium sized ears and nose, lightly tanned skin,
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man as your character AND modern day as a scenario
Perk: Expert pistol wielder
Body: Fit and a bit muscular
Items: Radio (broken), pistol (one chamber of ammo), handcuffs, and wallet, and clothing

Character Biography and name update

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

@Jerr

Biography: A very well trained FBI agent with the force for the 5th year capturing escaped convicts on his spare time while he was spending most of his time trying to take down The Company. The Company is a very bad organization set out to help themselves and protect themselves from others. They can only be compromised by obtaining Scylla, 6 black chips extremely protected and encrypted to only be read at The Company's HQ. This was my main objective to solve but I have not finished this task yet. This was my life for the last 5 years, this is why I signed up for this job, to finish this work... Now knowing that I have failed, I must make things right.
Misc Details: Jet black hair-medium length, blueish-green eyes, medium sized ears and nose, lightly tanned skin,
Items: Radio (broken), pistol (one chamber of ammo), handcuffs, and wallet, and clothing

Character Biography and name update

See if the other driver is alright, if he is alright give him a piece of mind, and then head to the FBI office angry that my car got totaled .

I have edited your bio, this is a zombie scenario apocalypse, you do not know what zombies are yet, you do not know the name of this outbreak, you know nothing of this. Nor do you know anything about zombies in this RPG.

All you're doing is trying to survive for now and live.

You get out of your car and notice that even though moments ago everything was mayhem, everything seems to be calming down now, all the people that were acting erratic have gone still (1/3 of the population that you cans see), they are seemingly deceased, all you can see is the other 2/3 of the population just watching the seemingly deceased with stunned expressions and medics trying to perform CPR on the deceased. Are they deceased? You wonder. As you walk to the car you force it open and check the drivers pulse. It is non-existent, yet... No it can't be. You must just be imagining the feel of the moist breath leaving corpses mouth and going onto your hands. You...

1. Back away and contemplate what to do (essentially this is the "your choice option&quot
2. Head over to your office.
3. Perform CPR on this person and attempt to resuscitate him.

@thetrooper
Scenario: War-torn sci-fi home-planet (five superpowers)
Character: Male Feline huminoid (explained below)
Name: Shadowflare
Bio: Shadowflare's family has a long-line of military troops in all branches. However, a sniper round to his father's jaw, and his mother's fighter exploding due to a QAAM missile, marked him an orphan. Six long years followed before he could join the service
Height: 6'2
Weight: 150 pounds
Misc Details: Black pelt, blue eyes, blue military uniform
Mythological Creatures: No, this is more of a sci-fi.
Body: slim
Items: Regular clothing

There's nothing I can do for the civilians, there's no news of the location of a military extraction. I attempt to return to the base I was stationed in.

The military base you were on leave from was 30km to your north, but the sound of the convoy seems to be coming from the north. Could this be your military? You doubt it seeing as how there is no fire directed at the enemy paratroopers who are now clearly Vanu and Terran troops. Across the street is are relatively intact apartment buildings, the building you landed on is also relatively intact, along this side of the street are bakeries and commercial buildings (corner stores, pharmacies etc...). You decide to...

A. Hide in the apartment buildings and wait for everything to calm down before heading off to your base.
B. Hide in the commercial buildings and wait for everything to calm down before heading off to your base.
C. Detour around the convoy to get to your base.
D. Head towards the convoy to determine if it's your military.
E. Your choice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@gentleman

One questions, so the black is the NEU, the eastern side (yellow side) is the Russian coalition and the white states are what exactly?
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Biography: A very well trained FBI agent with the force for the 5th year capturing escaped convicts on his spare time while he was spending most of his time trying to take down The Company. The Company is a very bad organization set out to help themselves and protect themselves from others. They can only be compromised by obtaining Scylla, 6 black chips extremely protected and encrypted to only be read at The Company's HQ. This was my main objective to solve but I have not finished this task yet. This was my life for the last 5 years, this is why I signed up for this job, to finish this work... Now knowing that I have failed, I must make things right.

Back away and tell the man to step back pointing my gun at him, then he approaches me I bring him down onto the ground and handcuff him and start walking to my office with this deceased man so I can study him some more and figure out what is going on.

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Sorry I misunderstood what you said.
Thus I shall continue on going to my office

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Bio: Shadowflare's family has a long-line of military troops in all branches. However, a sniper round to his father's jaw, and his mother's fighter exploding due to a QAAM missile, marked him an orphan. Six long years followed before he could join the service

E. I head into the apartments, however, I look for a knife. A steak or butcher knife preferably. Then I look out a window to be absolutely sure it's not my convoy

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

@trooper

E. I head into the apartments, however, I look for a knife. A steak or butcher knife preferably. Then I look out a window to be absolutely sure it's not my convoy

You run into a butcher's shop on your side of the street and look inside it for some type of weapon, preferably a steak knife. You see one on the other side of the butcher's counter, so you hop over it and take it off the counter, you also notice that it's serrated and sharp, but suddenly an old man comes out of nowhere (a back room you didn't notice perhaps) and lunges at you with a real sword, it appears to be a collectible, but still real, sharp and deadly. The old man is yelling jibberish at you about how he is sick of punk looters and the Vanians (plural of Vanu) and Terranians ruining his life. The man may look old, but he seems fairly fit, I wouldn't underestimate him.

Options:

A) Parry blow and counterattack
Bi) Side step and try to talk sense into him
Bii) Side step and counter attack
C) Your choice

@trooper
In this sci-fi world of yours, do humans and these feline huminoid people co-live harmoniously in your city?

@jerr
Items: Radio (broken), pistol (one clip of ammo), handcuffs, and wallet, and clothing

Sorry I misunderstood what you said.
Thus I shall continue on going to my office

Ignoring the other car you think bitterly about the fact that this guy ruined a perfectly nice Mazda car. You mutter profanities and start at a light jog towards your office, as you near 2 blocks of the office you're stunned to see the people on the ground stirring and hear them murmuring. You suddenly wheel around as you hear a gut wrenching scream and see a medic stagger away from one of the people on the ground he was giving CPR to, with blood spilling from his lips, and the medic clutching the wound from his mouth. You see similar scenes with other medics around the street. "What the hell is going on here you," you murmur loosening your gun from your holster, and you...

Your surroundings are as follows: around you is the downtown district of Detroit, there are hundreds of people around you, you even see the Joe Luis arena and the Detroit River nearby, there are shops everywhere, but few apartments in this end of town. The types of shops around you are typical, such as mainly tourist trinket shops, restaurants and hotels.

Options:

1. Your choice
2. Continue ignoring the scenes around you and follow procedure and head towards the FBI office.
3. Head towards the first medic you saw and attempt to help him.
4. Enter one of the pre-described buildings (Joe Louis arena, hotel, trinket shop or restaurant) you saw.
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

No, Humans were just a referance to emphasize that the Imairans were just an advanced version of humans, society-wise.

"Sh**!" I yell as I side-step. "Calm down! Calm down! I was just looking for a weapon. I was on leave, I'm heading back to my base. I'll leave now if that's what you want."

Yeah, don't give me any choices. I'm just going to make my own.

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Items: Radio (broken), pistol (one clip of ammo), handcuffs, and wallet, and clothing

I would remove my gun from my holster and check out the medic with gun hidden out of peoples sights

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

"Sh**!" I yell as I side-step. "Calm down! Calm down! I was just looking for a weapon. I was on leave, I'm heading back to my base. I'll leave now if that's what you want."

Yeah, don't give me any choices. I'm just going to make my own.

Yea cool that's fine, I know that in some RPGs people like the choices, so at first I offered them. I won't for you now though :P

As you quickly side-step the man, you narrowly avoid being skewered. You say "Sh**!" You yell, "Calm down! Calm down! I was just looking for a weapon. I was on leave, I'm heading back to my base. I'll leave now if that's what you want." You can tell that the Imairan man seems affected by some sort of brain cancer now that you are looking at him properly, maybe dementia or a malignant tumour? You can tell this because his eyes aren't quite right. Laughing shrewdly the man says "you and all the other looting inbred freaks in this town disgust me with your lies and taking advantage of tragedies to your benefit, I'm going to kill you and sell your heart and kidneys beside my best salami!" During the man's rant his voice grew to a shrill scream, he is now swinging his sword downwards as though to cut you in half. From his speed you can tell that you can't avoid all his hits, if he continues to attack you and you don't somehow disable or disarm him. You decide to...
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

"You're dilussional!" When he makes his attack, I stab him in his favored sword arm's elbow. While he cringes from the pain, I make a run out of the building.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Forgot a part in my plan. When he makes his attack, I'll jump to the side, dash back, then stab him in the elbow. Afterwords, I GTFO to an apartment building.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Items: Regular clothing, steak knife

"You're dilussional!" When he makes his attack, I stab him in his favored sword arm's elbow. While he cringes from the pain, I make a run out of the building.

Forgot a part in my plan. When he makes his attack, I'll jump to the side, dash back, then stab him in the elbow. Afterwords, I GTFO to an apartment building.

I forgot to add this to the character sheet, but please add your age to your character sheet please, Is the average age of these feline, but humanoid species the same as humans btw?

Back to the story and what you said now:

As he slashes downwards to cut you in half, you lunge forward attempting to get close enough distance to stab his arm. As you lunge forward, all you get in return for your troubles is the imairan elbowing you in the face with his opposite elbow. Fortunately he didn't get your nose otherwise you would have broken it for sure, In fact you are feeling pretty grateful that you are agile, otherwise he would have got your nose breaking it for sure, instead the brunt of the blow was absorbed by your cheekbones, giving you a nasty bruise. It's apparent this old man (you think he is 50) has had some sort of military or self-defense training. The imairan man is now grinning a crazy grin, he knows that you're trapped, because he managed to hit you, you are kind of dizzy and lopsided now, you have no chance of escape.

He raises his hand for a blow that is sure to kill you, when he suddenly freezes and clutches the side of his temple and cries out in pain. You were right to think he had a brain disease or illness, this has proven you right. You decide to...

I would remove my gun from my holster and check out the medic with gun hidden out of peoples sights

As you remove your gun from your holster, you hide it from everyone, which proves easy enough seeing as how people have more pressing issues to deal with. As you walk over to the medic you holler to him "are you alright man," it looks as though you're bleeding. You can't tell properly because he has turned away from you and he is covering his mouth. The man who you think might have bitten him is now getting up and is shambling over to the medic. Before you can react the man who has gotten up has lunged at the medic and tackled him, the man is clawing at the medic and mauling him, you yell at the guy to stop, but he ignores you, so you...

You notice all around you similar occurrences are happening, pandemonium has broken out! All hell has broken loose. The third of the population that was acting erratic are all getting up now (albeit within minutes of each other, not all at the same time) and attacking the other 66% of the population. None are coming at you for now. You also hear a gun shot go off somewhere to your right, and then more gun shots going off nearby, you can't see the shooters though.

Options:
1. Shoot the guy in the back.
2. Ignore the medic and hide in... (name a pre-mentioned building or say where you want to hide)
3. Your choice
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

I would pull the man off of the medic and try to locate where the shots are coming from since this is occurring everywhere I cannot help them all while people are being shot.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Items: Regular clothing, steak knife

Same as Humans. Due to their larger organs they can live just as long as a Human.

If I am unable to leave, I make one last dash forward and make a stab at his sword arm again. If I already got him there, then I stab at his other arm.

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

One questions, so the black is the NEU, the eastern side (yellow side) is the Russian coalition and the white states are what exactly?

No wait, I must have accidentally taken out the color.
the white states were going to be yellow.

And no. The NEU is yellow, Russian Coalition is black.
Showing 16-30 of 142