ForumsWEPRDog Fighting

27 6211
Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

I do not know if there is another thread like this but what do you think about it.

I think that it is a bad way to treat animals.

• 27 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I believe there's a thread like this back in the Tavern currently underway. I'm not sure where it'd be more appropriately placed.

Unfortunately I have no comment on the issue currently except to say that yes, from a documentary on dogfighting in Europe I recently saw, many dogfighters view the sport as a historical piece of culture that is kept for posterity. Though some dogfighters appear to have a somewhat mercenary approach- it's more about the trade, the perfection of an art without regard to the life.

I guess that's the issue- a similar issue actually exists for horse fighting in China- a practice that has its roots all the way from ancient times.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Strop the thread you are reffering to is about dogfighting as in aerial combat my area of expertise. So this topic is safe to go ahead. Altho it is similar to this kind aswell ie more about the trade the perfection of an art without regard for life could be used to describe aerial combat too.

agentkion
agentkion
53 posts
Nomad

I THINK DOG FIGHTING IS REALY NOT AWSOME

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

Quit with the caps locks, will you?

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

well its just like boxing to an extent.. as long as people like violence things like this will continue to happen. as sad as it is to say..

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

How could anyone enjoy two animals fighting? They have no choice in the matter. It's barbaric.

Boxing, UFC, and other human fight leagues on the other hand are awesome. If two people agree to fight, then I'm all for it. I can't get enough of it.

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

How could anyone enjoy two animals fighting?

Well the Listman, Michael Vick enjoyed dog fighting a lot. But then he was caught dog fighting. But when he wasn't he didn't care about the dogs.
Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

I agree with the list man.

In boxing people are not starved, electrocuted, beaten, stabbed, dumbed on the side of the road,shoved into cages, and in the UFC the winner and loser are embraced and have immediate medical treatment if needed. Plus they get to live after their fight.

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

Well I think that some people think that dog fighting is fun because it is an easy way to get about 4K.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I mean its all about gambling. People get excited by horse races and dog races. Dog fighting is just the extreme of that.

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

What this is cruel how could you even just sit there and watch two animals fight like call the police or something.Well before I saw two dogs biting a dog!

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

Dog fighting isnt right. I agree with thelistman. they dont have the choice to fight. They are forced to fight.

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

How are they force to fight, it is the dogs insticts. The trainer starves them so they become more dangerous, then the put them in battle and that dog might win.

Camofrog08
Camofrog08
28 posts
Nomad

Dog fighting is just wrong! Those poor dogs are starving to death, and are just "tools" to their owners to get money. I hope someday all those poor dogs will at least have a careing owner. I know it wont happen, but you never know.

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

But camofrog, the only way that will happen is if the cops actually find proof of them dog fighting.

Showing 1-15 of 27