ForumsNews and FeedbackAccount Deletion

16 13634
Coyote421
Coyote421
27 posts
Nomad

Topic is the suggestion. Reasons are simple: A person may not want to own an account on a website anymore and doesn't want to be tied with it, or something else.

Good idea or no? Just thought of it because I have wished I could have done that before.

• 16 Replies
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

If you want your account to be deleted email support@armorgames.com

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

It certainly is asked a lot, I don't see much harm in adding in an option to delete your account. Only thing I can come up with is if someone guesses your password or hacks into your account and deletes it, but even then I'm sure the admins could retrieve it.

RedN
RedN
141 posts
Duke

e-mail support@armorgames.com and ask him politely to delete your account,or just leave it

Coyote421
Coyote421
27 posts
Nomad

I don't want to delete my account -_- it is just a suggestion to streamline the process.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Only thing I can come up with is if someone guesses your password or hacks into your account and deletes it, but even then I'm sure the admins could retrieve it.

This may just be one detriment, but it's a BIG one. There are rare cases of someone getting hacked, and even rarer if that's legitimate, but if someone who had gotten a hold of the account and wanted to do enough damage, they could just clarify that they want to delete said account. I'm not sure if admins can recover accounts, but if they can't already, they can make it happen with recovery code in the site.
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

If the option was ever provided, a good idea would be to send the user an email confirming that they really want to delete their account.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@ProfessorOak I agree. Because what if they change their mind? But then that would be much hassle for Justin :P Also you could just randomly scribble in your password and then log out. Then it's gone too...

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

just tell a admin. and he will help

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

just tell a admin. and he will help

He doesn't want to delete his account. He's suggesting an idea.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

right but if he did thats what he would do

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

right but if he did thats what he would do

Yuss. If he wanted to delete his account he would notify an admin or Justin, blackbelt...
Tylergreen11
Tylergreen11
2 posts
Nomad

My account was hacked 1 year ago and the username is Hunter666999 and i logged out and someone else was on the account and he did hack into Castle Clash please help and somehow he changed the email address what do I do???

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Tylergreen11 Please report your account problem through our support section and make a ticket there. We can have a look and try to help you there, as we do not discuss private data on the forums, ok?

Tylergreen11
Tylergreen11
2 posts
Nomad

ok sorry

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

Well, if you're worried about hackers, then I would like to inform you that any hacker can quite easily just send an email to the support team and ask for the account to be deleted. Not hard.

There could be a 30-day recovery window for the delete button, in case of hacks or accidental deletions or something.

Showing 1-15 of 16