ForumsThe TavernDoes age matter in relationships?

40 6398
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

We've all heard this story about the 72 year old who married an 18 year old girl. That's obviously the extreme side to the scale but what do you think about someone who was 13 years old and another that was 16? Would you say the same thing for someone who is 23 years old and 26? I personally think that in high school at least (I'm 14 so this is really all that I have experienced) that I'd say anywhere between 0-2 1/2 years is alright. Do you think differently? Is it possible that if the connection was strong enough age wouldn't matter? Please tell.

• 40 Replies
Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

Meh I couldn't handle someone more than 5 years older than me I'd feel awkward

Roxxar123
Roxxar123
61 posts
Farmer

It doesn't really matter, but it always bothered me when there was a noticeable difference. Like...9th graders in a relationship with 5th graders or something. That bothers me.

But once people reach 18/21, I don't really mind the age gap, as long it's not over 20 years.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

But once people reach 18/21, I don't really mind the age gap, as long it's not over 20 years.

How do you explain the limitation of 20 years difference?
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

How do you explain the limitation of 20 years difference?

\\

Person #1 : 20years old.

Person #2 : 45 years old.

Person #2 could be person #1's parent.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

The best rule is /2 + 7.
If you are 30 for exmple, then 30/2 is 15, 15+7 is 21. 21 is the minimal for you.
If you are 18, then 18/2 is 9, 9+7 is 15. Its quite risky at that age, so dont count on that when it come to under the age of 18 if you are not both under 18.

If you are 18 and the other parthner is under, then there parents {!!!} can call it a rap e, and it will be a one by law. So if your GF/BF parents dont like you, beware.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

The best rule is /2 + 7

Hmmm... I've never heard of that but it's a good limit. I think the lowest it should be for you to do that is 20 though...
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

My mother is 40.My father is 50 .My stepfather is 60.For minors in Alabama the legal limit is 3 years.I feel perfectly comfortable with this situation

shanke
shanke
67 posts
Blacksmith

yes, age does matter in a relationships. But if you the two people involved in the relationship are truly in love age does not matter unless they are kids,pre-teens or teens because these people will usually have premature minds(not book knowledge but life experiences knowledge) and sometimes its the hormones during puberty in teens that make you sometimes fall madly in love
all i'm saying is make the relationship be worth the risk because if she is not the one it's not worth it as people say

Love Conquers All
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

If you are 18 and the other parthner is under, then there parents {!!!} can call it a rap e, and it will be a one by law. So if your GF/BF parents dont like you, beware.

That is statutory r@pe, which has to do with age...and there are protections for if you were dating while both underage and then one became "of age" while the other was still underage
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

The best rule is /2 + 7

Good rule but i guess that doesn't apply to all ages. If you were 50 the minimal for you would be 50/2+7=25+7=32. 50 year old with 32 year old. A bit awkward don't you think?

Almost every girl in my school looks fore someone older than her. I am not being prejudiced here. At least in the admittedly small range of girls which is my school it is highly accurate.
Showing 31-40 of 40