ForumsGamesdisappointing endings

56 8411
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

this is not a baddest ending topic just the ones that could be better.
i think bioshock's good ending myself because it's a little too much of a happy ever after ending but that's my opinion.
all the orderairy rules as always

• 56 Replies
scavanger54
scavanger54
11 posts
Nomad

weirdest ending In history of games is black ops 2.Seriusly.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

That's a bad thing. It shows that the devs or publishers aren't too happy with letting a successful series finish. It's what the world needs, new IP's, not repetitive sequels.

No. Bioware has said that the Mass Effect universe is to big to let go.
They want the new Mass Effect games not to be a the same as the 1ste trilogy but with another character they want a completely different game.

And I hated Black Ops's ending.
Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

No. Bioware has said that the Mass Effect universe is to big to let go.
They want the new Mass Effect games not to be a the same as the 1ste trilogy but with another character they want a completely different game.

Again, that's the problem. They either want, or need to add more. I'm pretty sure EA has an influence over this, if anything. And it's not like ME3 was amazing. It was a bad sequel for ME2 in terms of gameplay and some for story.

EA just wants more money, so they'll use the Mass Effect name to do it. It already isn't the same, anyways.

And besides, unless they ret-con, change, or add a few things, it'll be pointless, since you already explored the galaxy in the last 3 games.
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

yeah bioware and ea just wants the money by three things they do
1. chose a good seris and start making it.
2. make parts not so good inculing endings.
3. make tons of dlc

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

anyway i am now puting an play before put rule so i think that any lego game (not lego lord of the rings casue i haven't done it yet) make's the endings with cherters look at you and that can be creepy for a 4 year old but it's what i say.
too much happy in a end makes it look like nothing happens (but geting a bad end is not good as well

Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

yeah bioware and ea just wants the money by three things they do
1. chose a good seris and start making it.
2. make parts not so good inculing endings.
3. make tons of dlc

Know the industry better, would you?

It's all EA.
404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

In sense of repetitiveness a lot of companies do this. Create a series and never learn to stop it. Look at sonic, he should of been ended along time ago, and I believe they are still trying to put him in games, certain series are timeless though and deserve to go for a long time, others, however don't. Mario, great game, then they went crazy and basically made him their spokes pearson and can't seem to find a way to fire him. CoD, great the first couple years, got me interested in WW2 and stuff, now it's just another series that doesn't end. If they didn't spend half their time recreating games they would be able to create an entirerly new game they could milk for about 3 years. sorry for getting off topic a bit. You sparked my interest and I got sidetracked.

Ontopic: those games you wish the badguy could of won and lead to a sequal. I find a few games I wish this would happen. Is anybody with me on this point?

Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

Ontopic: those games you wish the badguy could of won and lead to a sequal. I find a few games I wish this would happen. Is anybody with me on this point?

Sort of.

If you go through an entire game and the villain wins, then you went through all of it practically for nothing. It wouldn't make for a good ending either, especially for an RPG.

Maybe through some messed up Xanatos Gambit or something...
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

MW3's ending sucked because there was no special, bonus mission like there was for COD4 (Mile High Club) and MW2 (Museum).

BF3's ending sucked because it was a bad ending for a bad campaign. Literally.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I wuld have to say that Borderlands 1 had a pretty crap ending to it. You opened the vault only to have some monster try to kill you and then have Tannis Pay you some money. The game was destined to be continued at that point. ANd if you look at Borderlands 2 then you realize that atlas weapons were some of the best but you killed general knoxx so in borderlands 2 you cant have atlas weapons and that sucks

Besch
Besch
37 posts
Scribe

Divinity 2 has a pretty unsatisfying ending. The devs ended up getting a few death threats^^

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

How about RDR's ending? Sure, its ending was about as powerful as an ending can get, but the after-ending isn't very good.

Spoiler alert!

John dies. The game is a sandbox. Who do you play as?

Jack, John's son.

Sorry, Jack, but no one likes you. You're annoying.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

How about RDR's ending? Sure, its ending was about as powerful as an ending can get, but the after-ending isn't very good.

Spoiler alert!

John dies. The game is a sandbox. Who do you play as?

Jack, John's son.

Sorry, Jack, but no one likes you. You're annoying.

What. How does the zombie dlc even make sense then?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What. How does the zombie dlc even make sense then?

In the main game, John lives with his family on their farm for months before he's finally killed by the military. The zombie DLC takes place after John saves his family from the government and before the military kills him.

The ending of the zombie DLc takes place after the end of the main game. Military kills you, Seth goes back and steals the mask, you get revived as a zombie.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I was slightly disappointed with Far Cry 3's ending. The gameplay and story is great, but the ending was so anticlimactic. You have a choice to make, then it just ends. No more cut scenes or anything, credits roll.

Showing 16-30 of 56