ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 194)

1882 1226672
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

So... I had this random idea while taking a dump ^^
Battle of the Brands!
http://www.sensorysol.com.au/battleofthebrands/Images/header-glove.jpg

Anyways... here are the rules:
-One vote per person
-no spam
-suggestions on my profile ONLY

Okay here's the first one!

http://keithsawyer.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/apple-logo1.jpg
VS
http://www5.pcmag.com/media/images/355088-new-microsoft-logo.jpg

Or simply Apple vs Microsoft.

Voting starts NOW! I will allow two weeks since this contest is new.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm44/Cingris/Race%20Post/GoFlagForPost.jpg

-Dapro

• 1,882 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I would make a comment on your latest statements xeano, but, apparently I'm not allowed according to you.

Where did I say that? I simply requested that users do not continue to reply to discussions on previous battles, but rather take the discussion to user profiles if you would like the discussion to continue. I requested this to avoid any confusion which might develop. What is wrong with that, may I ask?

Can't even reply to statements on the last page of a thread.

I didn't say you can't reply to stuff on the last page of the thread. I would say what I meant, but I would just be repeating the last paragraph.

Looks like someone has a power craving.

Are you kidding me? I request one thing, and all of a sudden I have a power craving? ha... Ha... HAHAHAHA!!!

I follow the rules of the Forum, and tweak them to where I deem them to be applicable. I don't just follow any user laid down rule.

Where did I lay down a rule? I'll say it again, I am merely requesting that you take discussion from previous battles to the profiles to avoid confusion! A simple request, and you guys are getting all upset.

If you must have a rule, I would think this request would be covered by paragraph 11 of the forum rules. The topic changes when I post a new battle, thus any discussion of previous battles would take the thread off topic. Am I not mistaken?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Where did I lay down a rule? I'll say it again, I am merely requesting that you take discussion from previous battles to the profiles to avoid confusion! A simple request, and you guys are getting all upset.

It seems you're the one getting his knickers in a twist.

I would say that the thread topic is merely that of a discussion on brands; if we stuck to the current topic all the time, it would reduce discussion, and discourage unfamiliar users, who usually post about Apple and Microsoft. Of course we should stick to the battle on hand, but if it means that all ongoing discussions on previous topics, even if ongoing must cease immediately, then it's senseless.

Adding on, I like my 3 year old Hp 2309 screen; it's large enough to use as a movie screener, but not too large till it becomes like a plasma tv.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Neither... Toshiba for the win. But, I don't know. Guess I have to go with Dell. My dad's old laptop is Dell. It is about 5 years old with Windows Vista and still booking along well. My school computers were Dell. They were a bit slow but not bad for having literally hundereds of computers hooked up to a server. So Dell.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Divides 600 million over 30 days* That's 20 million a day on average. The Super Bowl has 170 million for just a few hours.

the final netherlands vs spain was seen by over 700million people in total.

thats 1 match, 1 evening like the superbowl but then 4 times as much spectators

===================

HP wins for me.
Dell costs allot extra for just a average machine.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

no rule so next time, dont care and just post Shane240199
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Both are not that good in my opinion I'd never actually buy any of their products because if I want a pc I'll buy parts and build it myself and if I want a laptop I'd go with someone like acer or asus.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

It seems you're the one getting his knickers in a twist.

I'm not the one overreacting. Is it really worth you guys getting so upset?

if we stuck to the current topic all the time

The whole thread has pretty much stuck to the current topic without discussion of past battles with no problem. This last one was a rather large discussion, and in order to keep the thread running smoothly and without confusion, I requested you take further discussion to the profiles... Tell me, what is so bad about that? Does the discussion end? No, it is merely relocated.

it would reduce discussion, and discourage unfamiliar users, who usually post about Apple and Microsoft

Informing the new users that particular battle has ended is no big deal... Been doing it the whole thread.

Of course we should stick to the battle on hand, but if it means that all ongoing discussions on previous topics, even if ongoing must cease immediately, then it's senseless.

I thought about that, but I feel that the discussions can be carried on via user profiles without problem. The discussion does not cease, it is merely relocated. Is that too hard to understand?

I feel we have discussed this enough here... It's throwing the thread off topic. Contact me on my profile.

the final netherlands vs spain was seen by over 700million people in total.

thats 1 match, 1 evening like the superbowl but then 4 times as much spectators

Please take further discussion of previous battles to user profiles. It helps avoid confusion in the ongoing battle.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I'm not the one overreacting. Is it really worth you guys getting so upset?

I'm not upset; I am merely pointing out that the WC is the larger competition.
You're upset that I'm still on the previous topic.

Informing the new users that particular battle has ended is no big deal... Been doing it the whole thread.

Usually in a way that chases them away.

I thought about that, but I feel that the discussions can be carried on via user profiles without problem. The discussion does not cease, it is merely relocated. Is that too hard to understand?

I don't think a discussion needs to be cloistered up amongst two people only, unless it gets personal, like the WERP.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Microsoft.

Long time ago, my brother destroyed my favorite game disc (it was long long ago [rise of nation]) so i, by myself called there support line. And they sent me a new one! Gold edition!

Since then im a loyal fan.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Ooops... didnt saw it was page 1...

(When this edit buttom is gonna be added?)

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Well I think I'll say HP simply because of how overpriced Dell's Alienware is.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

I have to vote Dell because I've used their products, but not HP's.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

This round of Battle of the Brands is officially over, with HP taking the cup with 7 votes. (Hurray!)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This next battle takes us to the supercar market, as

Lamborghini

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/df/Lamborghini_Logo.svg/200px-Lamborghini_Logo.svg.png

Takes on

Ferrari

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d1/Ferrari-Logo.svg/200px-Ferrari-Logo.svg.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ends in five days (sorry for the slight delay in posting. I've been getting up at 5:00am to make it to work on time. I'm done with that for another month or so, so back to normal.)

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I vote for Ferrari. Ferrari was making supercars all the time. Lamborghini didn't even start as a supercar company, they first started making good ol' tractors. A few years later, they started making cars, and later supercars.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Lamborghini

they still make awesome looking cars unlike ferrari that hasn't made a good looking car since the 512TR
where has the ferrari nose gone to? ferrari has is no distinct line that is theirs anymore. at 1st it used to be the lights. then the nose. and now every car is different...

Showing 811-825 of 1882