ForumsThe TavernWhat is AG to you?

44 7283
renegadeo
renegadeo
19 posts
Peasant

Its a question that should be looked at even when we feel we have no time. People as it is have way to much of a busy life and not enough time to relax and do what they want all the time.

So why is it that we come to AG? Why do we take time out of our busy schedules to come onto a internet site and play games? Well within this post you should tell me; but not just me but the entire AG community. Tell us why YOUR here. How this effects you as a person. How it makes your life better or worse.

I'll start off. I am currently a personal trainer in training I am going to college for my Exercise Science Degree. TO most of you that means I'm all "healthy healthy healthy no computer" and yes I try to be healthy but without the simple joys of playing and letting loose some times makes me very unhappy and makes life seem a little more grim. I come to AG to play video games, see the community and the great people here, and most of all to get away from life outside into another life within the waves of technology.

So tell me your story. AG wants to know.

• 44 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

First of great topic.
Okay here's my story.
~~
So... AG. Why do I come here? When I'm absoulutely bored out of my mind doing homework... It gives me something... Fun. Also I come here for the games and people. -Awesome
~~
That's my story xD

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I'll start off. I am currently a personal trainer in training I am going to college for my Exercise Science Degree. TO most of you that means I'm all "healthy healthy healthy no computer"

You should go talk to GhostOfMatrix and rayoflight...you can become the 3 musketeers of fitness on this site..

Alright..so what is AG to me? Man..this is going to sound so cliche..

To me...AG is a home. Yes we are in a forum..but I see the forum like how it is labeled...as a community. There are people I enjoy seeing, people I don't enjoy seeing, new people that become prominent, people that move in for some time then move out shortly there-after, and those that once also called this place home that moved on, but sometimes occasionally stop by and say hi.

Cliche part coming up...our community, it is like a family. We talk about issues going on after getting back from school and work (support, news)..we spend family time together in the living room (popular media, video games), we goof off in the backyard (Forum Games), Argue during dinner (WEPR), read each others' diaries (AMW), and then just have our general randomness (Tavern).

And just look around...you can't deny that we really are a family.
-We have a uncle who is already ready to help, and always with a smile on his face (ModDayCee)
-A grandpa who doesn't understand why the younglings find certain things funny (Patrick)
-A fitness-obsessed cousin/brother (GOM)
-A Yankee lovin' brother who will cheer as loud as he can when something good happens with the Yanks, and has his room decked out in their gear (pick)
-A twitchy cousin who talks to himself in the corner (AceofSky)
-An uncle who, even when he doesn't do much, you still think is oh so cool (Ernie)
-A pet buny (jeol)
-The lil brother who seems to be goin through a &quothase"..in this instance it is speaking 3rd person (killersup)
-A pet Ferret you talk to for comfort when you need help (Ferret)
-The lil brother that just found out about star wars and dresses up and acts like the characters all the time (Darth Ca...er...Jacen)
-The lil ones who we love for how they can act, despite how we'd be annoyed if it was someone else acting so (R2D2 and Manly)
-A grandpa and 2 uncles that always seem to be prepared for a debate at any time..and are unbeatable (Mage, nich, & Kasic)
-The twins...who are both very similar but at the same time very different (Sal and myself)

(just a general and quick list of some people that I know...if you are not a part of it, please do not take offense. Nothing against you at all)
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

-The lil brother that just found out about star wars and dresses up and acts like the characters all the time
Have you know I will, Grew out of that I did, many years ago was it.

Darth Ca...er...Jacen
You should probably stick with Jacen, so more people find me.

AG is a place to discuss what is on your mind, while still play all sorts of games at the same time.

~~~Darth Caedus
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

It used to be a place where I spent all my free time, but now, it's just another site to come back to when I have nothing to do in the holidays.

Levitikys
Levitikys
6 posts
Nomad

As of now, AG is really "nothing" to me.
It doesn't hold a sentimental value, all I really do here is play games.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

AG games:

A place to relax and procrastinate while doing homework and replay some of the fun games from years ago. Used to spend about 50% of my spare time on flash games.

AG Community:

A place to waste time before sinjid comes out and to just talk about whatever comes into my head. It's also a great way to relax after something happens in real life. Can't exactly call it a home but more of a (excuse my gaming term) hub world of what I do on the internet.

I am insulted that I'm not on pang's list . I've been on AG for 2 weeks and in internet time that's almost a year. I should be the inconsistent poster baby along with Dapro (The slightly older one) and GOH (The much older one)

I joke of course.

What about the crazy merit uncle, (Gantic) and the retired officer cousin (Cenere) along with the awesome cousins who think you're annoying but always give you awesome things (Game developers).

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I am insulted that I'm not on pang's list . I've been on AG for 2 weeks and in internet time that's almost a year. I should be the inconsistent poster baby along with Dapro (The slightly older one) and GOH (The much older one)

Funny thing is...I was actually contemplating putting you in the list XD something along the lines of a youngin...but being as you guys are still fairly fresh I decided to play it safe with the list

What about the crazy merit uncle, (Gantic) and the retired officer cousin (Cenere)

Gantic - Serious uncle that surprises every now and then with being a bit silly sometimes (as well as being helpful with comments..yadda yadda haha)

Cen - Goofy cousin that commands respect despite being so
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

AG is site with great games and a great community with great people, nothing more or less.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

AG is a place for me to go to when I'm either procrastinating or when I'm bored.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I'm going to do this only on the community.
It's a simple place where I can get along with nearly everyone. I hide under my mask and express my true opinions. I know everyone but no one at the same time.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Armorgames is my daily loss of productivity.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

This is Killersup's escape. This is the escape from arguing parents and horrible people. This is AG, Killersup's second home.

renegadeo
renegadeo
19 posts
Peasant

First of great topic.
Okay here's my story.

Thanks figured it would be nice to let people know who we are and why we are here.

And just look around...you can't deny that we really are a family.

First off got to say WOW O.O you just made my day with your post. It seems you have a well rounded personality that leaves no one out of your circle of family.

It is a joy to read everyone's posts and learn so much about you. Thank you to all that have posted and please keep up with the posts as I said AG wants to know you.
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

AG was one of the first Flash Gaming Websites I have ever been in my life and was mostly introduced into computer gaming here.

But after I switched to Hardcore Gaming, I come here mostly for the forum Stuff, especially the Art Section but other than that, sometimes a really good game pops up and catches my attention. Also, AG is a form of procrastination to me during lectures and work time.

This is Killersup's escape. This is the escape from arguing parents and horrible people. This is AG, Killersup's second home.

I know right... AG is the Hobbit Hole where we just forget the woe of the world and enjoy peace and happiness here.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

AG was a place to discuss my favorite flash games (Sonny ftw). It is now a place where I like to post art and discuss art with other people. There are better sites for that, but I like the small group of folks here more than any other place.

Showing 1-15 of 44