ForumsSupport ForumComment Mods

33 8560
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

With all the comments being left, and all the games to sort through, there is no way a single mod can effectively reward merits and delete bad comments. My suggestion is that a special group of trustworthy people called 'Comment Mods' be created. They can only delete and award merits to comments. Maybe all of their decisions could go to a full time mod to be confirmed.

• 33 Replies
LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
360 posts
Peasant

I know I was referring to Asherlee's post. She said if Dan cleared out flagged comments everyday then people who just go flag comments for no apparent reason would make people who actually did not spam lose points.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Thanks for believing in me weave, but I also pretty much do the same thing as mods do. I warn spammers, and help out all over forums, and make sure those spam comments are taken care of. Thanks anyway though!

sintrum
sintrum
230 posts
Nomad

This is kinda a bad idea,sorry man

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Then to fix the problem with my idea, all he would have to do is have it set to not delete comments over 20 words or so.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Choosing the people to do it wouldn't be hard, I just don't think it's necessary to implement comment mods.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

if ever this idea was applied, I think that we qhould establish a course/lesson about how to recognise SPAM, because I think it's not yet clear for everybody...

bestgamer123
bestgamer123
215 posts
Nomad

well my big bro could help he is very trust worthy and is 18 years old and works at game and dosent drink alchohol and his name is dragonrider his real name is jake you read it on his profile

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Well, he doesn't seem to be active a lot...
maybe it's another of your accounts?

And I think that if we did decide to do so, it would be us, (the moderators and the admins) who would choose the trustworthy users...

X_Ray_Vision_Girl
X_Ray_Vision_Girl
71 posts
Nomad

Well I do believe I am trust worthy because I know what a merit worthy comment is trust me I have had experience with merits.Also about the comments yes I would do great at that if I go play one of my favourite games I always see spam from at least one person and I have seen some people do it alot.

Raxter
Raxter
143 posts
Nomad

It's a great idea Dank. The mod's for sure could need some help, they got a lot of work to do. Besides if you guy's decide to make the "[b]comment mods[b/]" you should consider who you let join carefully. Also, they should not be able to give merit's. But be able to recomand the merit-worthy comment to the real mod's

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

Raxter it should be like this Comment mods Oh I am very good at searching for spammers I would be very happy to help I guess I know what a merit worthy comment is because I have seen so much merit worthy comments I have got a few myself.I am also good because there is alot of spam on really popular games because it is quite easy to find popular games.I would be happy to help.If help is wanted ask me I will help.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

To make it clear...
This topic is NOT created for users to send in thier application forms... we're discussing about the possibity of instauring new comment moderators.

If we decided to do so, I think we would hand pick the users we think are worthy of the job and into whom we can trust...

So please do not post furthet replies such as "I think I'm fit for the job..."
Thanks.

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

Well how much people are you picking?

3-5 5-8 8-11

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

Well my question was how much?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Guys, right now we are not going to do this. He said IF.

Showing 16-30 of 33