ForumsSupport ForumComment Mods

33 8562
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

With all the comments being left, and all the games to sort through, there is no way a single mod can effectively reward merits and delete bad comments. My suggestion is that a special group of trustworthy people called 'Comment Mods' be created. They can only delete and award merits to comments. Maybe all of their decisions could go to a full time mod to be confirmed.

• 33 Replies
idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

There is not enough topics here to actually have to designate moderators to just the forums.

That and merits are not supposed to be hand outs.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

well, it would be a good idea, but I think it would definatly have to be thought about before anything like that happens, after all, who can you trust to actually do the job correctly?

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

Not for the forum, for the comments.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Well by the tiem someoen can be trusted to do that for the game comments, I am sure they would be to the point of beign trusted as regular mods.

Freon
Freon
24 posts
Nomad

I agree and I unselfishly offer my-self for this horrible,HORRIBLE task

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I think that is a great idea for comments. I don't know about awarding merits though. It is a lot of points to give out.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

hmmm, maybe there could be a certain thing that that these 'Comment Mods' could submit comments they think should be merited, then a mod specifically designated for that job could look them over, as I belive Carlie is busy enough already I'm sure. Like an email system, but a simple one and the email thingy is only given to comment mods, and no one else to avoid spam perhaps? just a thought.

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

Well Carlie it`s not like you have to get 10 year olds for the job that give a merit to every "Good game" comment..this could also be some kind of Moderator test, depending how the subject does he/she can be promoted,stay a comment mod or return to regular user.

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

I think I already talked about how mods could confirm their actions before they happened.

ikillnerds
ikillnerds
256 posts
Nomad

i think its pretty cool cuz im tryin to get my points up and the mod idea is cool!=D

Axel
Axel
475 posts
Nomad

Raptor...everyone can up-vote a comment.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Maybe you should be an experienced mod for a long time and been explained to what a merit is.

weave
weave
99 posts
Nomad

i think its a great idea. i think xcoheedx or switchfoot should be one of them.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I honestly think the there is an easy solution to all of this. We have a lot of members that go around and flag spam appropriately. I think if Dan just cleared out the flagged comments every few days then the problem is solved. The members of SHOPS or that new Armored Elite would definitely spend some time going around and flagging spam the right way.

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
360 posts
Peasant

Yeah, but some people just go and flag comments for no reason. If he did this people who flagged random comments, the commentor would lose points they really earned.

Showing 1-15 of 33