41 posts
Farmer

It will be awesome. Very awesome.

• 80 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Meaning that Dol Guldur was mentioned quite a bit in the more famous LOTR books, which we already have had a decade since the release of RotK.

AJtheConquerer
AJtheConquerer
41 posts
Farmer

I was recently annoyed because I hadn't read the book before I watched the movie and it makes me mad how much stuff they made up... even though some off them did make the movie a bit more climactic... e.g. when Gandalf breaks the rock and freezes the trolls... it did not happen in the book

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I was recently annoyed because I hadn't read the book before I watched the movie and it makes me mad how much stuff they made up... even though some off them did make the movie a bit more climactic... e.g. when Gandalf breaks the rock and freezes the trolls... it did not happen in the book

You've really got to regard the books and the movies as separate entities. It's not fair to judge one based on the other, because it's its own thing, a self-contained piece of art.

I'm fine with however many movies PJ decides to make, just as long as they don't drag or feel like they have filler material just to justify their existence.
The first one seemed to stand very well on its own, let's wait and see what the others are like.
AJtheConquerer
AJtheConquerer
41 posts
Farmer

I've learned that they have to make up at least 30% of the book...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

How can you get mad if you haven't read the book yet? Paradox much?

Anyway, it's not ''made up'' per se. The extra material comes from 125 or so of Tolkien's additional notes on the Hobbit.
JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

Guess what, I'm finally reading the book and seeing the movie soon!

It's a bad idea to watch the movie first, but anyways the book and the movie always has something different in it. I haven't seen the movie yet and I'm close to being done with the book but how would you know if you haven't read the book?
AJtheConquerer
AJtheConquerer
41 posts
Farmer

Ok in some cases the movie is better than the book

For example: the blind side, shawshank redemption, princess bride

JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

Ok in some cases the movie is better than the book
Yea like barely any. I don't even remember like any of the books to some of the movies.
piwit
piwit
53 posts
Nomad

As they always say...
The Book is better than the Movies!!

xian37
xian37
15 posts
Nomad

the movie is pretty good and let's wait for the part to of The Hobbit and start watching the Lord of the Rings hahaha

piwit
piwit
53 posts
Nomad

Yeah that's right...cant wait to see the part 2 of this movie..

derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

part two comes out december 13th

furrycritter241
furrycritter241
36 posts
Nomad

The Hobbit is coming out this December on 12/14/13

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

The Hobbit: The Des Of Smaug came up with another bad ending. Or is that how it ended in the book? *Goes to library, checks out Smaug* *reads* Hmm...

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

I can not wait the 3rd part of the trillogy...

Showing 61-75 of 80