41 posts
Farmer

It will be awesome. Very awesome.

• 80 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I am looking forward to it haven't read the book and probably never will I believe in reading the book after the movie I feel as if you read the book first then theres no point in watching the movie because you will know what will happen but if you watch the movie first then read the book then you don't know a lot that happens because generally the book has a lot more in it so you only really know the general idea from watching the movie.

Is there an official release date yet?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Yeah, the release date is December 14th, they've had that out for many a month.

JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

I can't wait till it comes out and I still haven't even read the book!Going to read it soon though.

AJtheConquerer
AJtheConquerer
41 posts
Farmer

Seeing as how the lord of the rings was an awesome movie, and it has the same director, i think it will be one of the best movies of the year

ForNoReason
ForNoReason
126 posts
Peasant

Does some one has insider infos meaby?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Does some one has insider infos meaby?

Heh. What sort of infos do you hope for? The release is in half a month, you cannot wait that long?
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I am looking forward to it haven't read the book and probably never will I believe in reading the book after the movie I feel as if you read the book first then theres no point in watching the movie because you will know what will happen but if you watch the movie first then read the book then you don't know a lot that happens because generally the book has a lot more in it so you only really know the general idea from watching the movie.
You have to read the book, and it helps to see what they got wrong.

Can't WAIT too see the nest of HUNDREDS of giant spiders. Also want to see the man-that-can-turn-into-a-bear (I think his name was Beor)

~~~Darth Caedus
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Fun fact: They are hoping to be finished with the film two days before the release.

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

i cant wait it looks cool

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

I'm sorry but im just disapointed in this.I remember watching The Hobbit as a kid (yes there is an old one) and quite frankly i think its rediculas that they the remake off of a diffrent story.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I'll probably read the books and see the movie sometime in the near future. My dad is egging me to read it so... ;P

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

The trailers have been out for a while especially the first one.
Trailer 1
Trailer 2
Site 1
Site 2
fficial&source=univ&tbm=nws&sa=X&ei=yYi7UN3AAYjW0gHzl4E4&ved=0CE8QqAI&biw=1920&bih=891">Site 3
Site 4
Site 5
Site 6
Site 7

And the best source of information I would say is to reincarnate Tolkien, or to read the book yourself. Whichever one is easier for you.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

One problem I do have with what they have done, is I will have to wait THREE WHOLE YEARS in order to see the entire movie, then wait even longer for the extended collectors editions to be released like they did with the first 3 movies.

~~~Darth Caedus

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I will have to wait THREE WHOLE YEARS in order to see the entire movie,

it's a prequel not a trilogy

anyway. i got a bad feeling about the movie. and especially the dwarfs.
is it just me or are their costumes a 100% not life like.
they are not made the same way as the dwarf from LotR.
they look so bad that i think it will ruin the entire movie for me. or atleast the parts where they are on screen. and i heard they are going to be on the screen allot. =(
AJtheConquerer
AJtheConquerer
41 posts
Farmer

@party devil, the LotR trilogy was placed at least 50 years after the hobbit, so you would expect some change in the dwarven fashion and look

Showing 1-15 of 80