ForumsGamesGame of the year.

121 25274
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

This could be any game released this year, from spelunky to halo 4.

• 121 Replies
Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

My bet is on Halo 4.

I mean, there's no way other games would have a good chance, in my opinion.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Slender

lol jk

Game of 2012? Not really great stood out. Not to mention there are tons of gaming review sites (not just one) and they each have their own picks.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

portal 2
(was that this year or 2011?)

further:
diablo 3
guild wars 2
postal 3
serious sam 3

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

My game of the year will be a RPG game like last year (2011 - Skyrim).
Although the game is completely different I still love it and it is the game I have enjoyed most in 2012. My Game of the Year is Mass Effect 3.

The reasons for me to choose ME3 as GOTY are many, but my biggest is : The continuation of Shepard's story in the Mass Effect universe.
If you look at the story, the conversations with your squadmates, the environments and the overall mood you just get the feeling that the universe is at war. And I love it. The game just sucks me in, and to make it even better I could import my Mass Effect 2 save game so the choices I made in part 1 and 2 still carry over.

I know many people have been complaining about this game and call it the worst game ever (exaggerating here) because of the ending but I really had no problems with it and even after the EC DLC it became good.

So although games like FC3, Hitman and ACIII come close my GOTY is Mass Effect 3.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It'll be Hitman or AC3 for me. I haven't played either, but I've been a fan of both franchises since the first and the gameplay I've seen looks good.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

My Game of the Year is Mass Effect 3.

But you know that a bunch of people would raise hell about it if it won such an award for its ending
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

2012 was not a great year for amazing games. All we got were crap additions to old and dieing IPs. And lots of lackluster MMOs or add-ons to exisiting ones. Whoohoo.

Borderlands 2 was decent, although it is so much like the first I keep on getting moments of deja vu when I play it. Hitman: Absolution is taking a big step away from the game it used to be in order to put more emphasis on story, cinematics and voice acting.
Triple-A titles are just not where it was at this year. Indie games were the hot titles. Of course, none of these will be considered for any 'official' GOTY award.

Rakim
Rakim
143 posts
Treasurer

Triple-A titles are just not where it was at this year. Indie games were the hot titles. Of course, none of these will be considered for any 'official' GOTY award.

I agree. I almost never buy Triple-A titles nowadays. My Game of the Year would be The Walking Dead by Telltale Games. Even though it was released in five episodes I consider it to be a single game because each episode took me just a few hours to complete and there was just one continuous story. Easily the most memorable and touching gaming experience of the year.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Hmmm for me personally, I'd say borderlands 2. For the real award, I think hitman, borderlands 2 and AC3 all have a shot.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

But you know that a bunch of people would raise hell about it if it won such an award for its ending

Yes but I don't get how people can make such a fuzz about 10 minutes. And btw I said that it's my GOTY so I'm not really saying it will win GOTY.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Since we are touching on indie games now:
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

It was a late addition (came out in October), but it has exploded since then. Has been in the top 10 sales list of Steam more or less since it came out. The game is super addicting and fun to play, and the fact that it is multiplayer only does not damage it at all.
The public was obviously yearning for a first-person visceral melee sword-fighting slasher type of deal, and Chivalry filled that niche perfectly. I've personally played it for over 30 hours already. Which, considering it is a strictly multiplayer game, is a great accomplishment on half of the game to draw me in and make me want to keep on going back to it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Hitman: Absolution is taking a big step away from the game it used to be in order to put more emphasis on story, cinematics and voice acting.

What's so bad about that? Also, from the gameplay I've seen it just looks like an updated version of the previous ones.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

looks like an updated version of the previous ones.

I mean in a good way. You have missions and tasks you have to complete just like the others. They've added some new things as well, doesn't look like they took a big step away from gameplay.
Ancuta
Ancuta
146 posts
Bard

From the latest releases I would say Hitman Absolution and Assassins Creed Revelation. I just finished Hitman and it's a very nice and detailed game with a good story.

My first priority would be Battlefield 3! ****nnnnn a nice game

LucasEM
LucasEM
27 posts
Scribe

For me Halo 4
Have the best graphics and good history game

Showing 1-15 of 121