ForumsGamesGame of the year.

121 25244
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

This could be any game released this year, from spelunky to halo 4.

• 121 Replies
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Half Life 2 won game of the decade.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

You probably haven't played the game before if you believe it shouldn't get nominated. I do agree with you about it not being the absolute best game of the year.

I personally was backing dishonored.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

The Walking Dead Game won GOTY from The VGAs.

Don't worry, I'm shocked that it was even nominated too

Really now? Well...this is...I...um...they've played video games before...right..?
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Did anyone watch the VGA Awards. I watched some parts of it and I'm happy Mass Effect won best RPG.
But I'm kind of surprised that Claptrap won Best Character, because he is just a robot with no personality at all.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

^
Are you kidding me? Claptrap is fantastic. He is hilarious and full of personality, especially during the last level when killing the warrior.
Borderlands won best shooter and best multiplayer, not sure about anything else. Slightly disappointed by the GOTY this time. I didn't think walking dead was all great and perfect. It was alright, didnt think it was GOTY worthy.

CDdragon9
CDdragon9
8 posts
Scribe

best game of this year would be assasin's creed 3 for me.
it got a good story and awesome gameplay.

letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

best game of this year would be assasin's creed 3 for me.
it got a good story and awesome gameplay.

Agreed, graphics are amazing in my view.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Half Life 2 won game of the decade.

This may be a controversial opinion, but I don't really think that this game should have won Game of the Decade. I never really enjoyed the game, and the other nominee, Bioshock had a much stronger sense of story and game atmosphere in my opinion.

The fact that Halo 4 won best graphics at the VGAs wasn't much of a shocker. God, that game is beautiful.

However what doesn't make sense to me is that Telltale won Studio of the Year. Seriously? What did they do that was so amazing? Walking Dead was a good game, sure, but they barely gave any information on release dates of episodes before last second, and they were really late with one of their episodes for the Walking Dead (Ep. 3 I think).
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

This may be a controversial opinion, but I don't really think that this game should have won Game of the Decade. I never really enjoyed the game, and the other nominee, Bioshock had a much stronger sense of story and game atmosphere in my opinion.

No Half Life 2, no Source Engine. No CS, no Portal, no LfD, no TF. The graphics, physics and engine were very impressive for it's time. Like the Doom of our time.
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

But I'm kind of surprised that Claptrap won Best Character, because he is just a robot with no personality at all.

You're kidding right? Claptrap was hilariously annoying. If claptrap didn't win, Handsome Jack easily could have, as he was hilarious, and a perfectly designed antagonist.
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

halo 4 hands down

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

You're kidding right? Claptrap was hilariously annoying. If claptrap didn't win, Handsome Jack easily could have, as he was hilarious, and a perfectly designed antagonist.

Yes he was hilarious but I think there are other nominees who deserve best character more. There were characters on the list who got a story, a life, who were more worthy than the stand-up comedian robot from Borderlands.
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Yes he was hilarious but I think there are other nominees who deserve best character more. There were characters on the list who got a story, a life, who were more worthy than the stand-up comedian robot from Borderlands.

I understand that they were better designed characters than claptrap, but it was the appeal he gave to the game. Also, what is your opinion on Handsome Jack, do you think he could have won? Because he was an excellently designed villain.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I haven't really got any games that game out this year other then black ops 2 I don't think there is any amazing ones that have came out.

KingCanuck25
KingCanuck25
4 posts
Peasant

I think AC3 or Halo 4 or COD black ops 2 all of them are great games

Showing 31-45 of 121